5.) The Explanation

"Stark! What the fuck is going on here. Why is Loki God of what the fuck ever doing here? Why would you let him into our home?" Natasha fumed.

"Man of Iron. I demand explanation. I wish to see my brother." Thor grumbled.

"Man I don't even know what the hell is going on right now but it's giving me a headache." Steve sighed. So many people talking all at once. Bruce was the only one who remained quiet giving Tony a chance to speak.

"Look I found Loki sitting at a coffee shop down the street and we had some time to talk, he's not up to anything but he was banished from Asgard. He is not plotting anything and he had nowhere to go. I told him he could stay here." Tony started.

"Do you have any idea of how dangerous he is? No offense Thor but your brother is psychotic." Natasha's brows furrowed.

"Look I know you may think he is but he had his magic taken away and he is deeply sorry for all of his wrong doings. I need you guys to give him a chance to redeem himself. He is good. He is ok now. Everyone deserves a second chance and this happens to be his." Natasha glared at Tony.

"I don't really like this. We can't trust him." Steve chimed in.

"Look you don't have to trust him right away but trust my judgment. I wouldn't put you guys in an unsafe situation." Everyone was arguing when they heard a familiar voice. Loki was standing in the dining room. Close enough to be heard, yet far enough to not overstep any boundaries. He looked dazed and out of it.

"I, I am very sorry for troubling all of you." He managed to choke out between shuddered breaths. "I did not wish to cause any of you any stress, I - I am v-very sorry. I will go, I do not wish to cause any trouble." Fat tears rolled out of Loki's eyes, which had turned bright red. The sting of rejection pained him deeply. He swiftly ran out the door.

"Great look what happened now. Loki!!!" Tony chased after him.

"I guess the sedative didn't work as I had hoped." Bruce joked, trying to lighten the mood. Natasha stormed off and Bruce went with her. Cap and Thor looked at each other in awe. No one had seen Loki like that before.

. . .

Tony ran outside and Loki was nowhere to be seen. "JARVIS locate guest Loki Laufeyson please."

"As you wish sir, he seems to still be on the premises, on the balcony."

"Thanks JARV." Tony rushed around the back balcony to find Loki sitting on the ground by himself. "What are you doing?" Loki took a shaky breath.

"Stark look I can see this is not right. I am not welcome and I can understand that. I'm a deceptive snake and I only wreck things. Please don't worry about me anymore I will make it by." Loki started walking away. Tony fumed.

"Listen here Reindeer Games, I'm not letting you live in the streets. You can come back, it's just going to take some time for them to warm up to you." The light sprinkle of rain begun getting heavier and heavier. The closer Tony got to Loki the more he backed away. Tony couldn't tell if Loki was crying or he was just getting soaked from the rain.

"Just let me be! There's no use for me to be a burden, there's no use for me at all." Loki walked closer to the edge of the balcony. Even though it was the lowest balcony of Stark towers, it was still a long way down.

"Come inside, please." Tony begged. He couldn't stand to have Loki out in this weather... Or by himself on a balcony. Loki trembled profusely, either from crying or the temperature or both. Tony slowly walked closer to the god and gathered him in a hug. Even though in height Loki was taller, Tony was startled at how thin he was, he felt nothing but skin and bone. Loki pushed him away.

"Leave me be Stark." Loki's eyes burned red.

"No. I won't." Tony spat. And with that, Loki passed out. Tony rushed over to him only to realize the sedative probably finally worked, for good hopefully. Tony gently picked him up and began carrying him to his room.