If Simba Didn't Go to the Gorge

This was my idea that I thought of when I was writing "Simba's Worst Decision" in my book, "Lion King Randomness", which has over 1.5K reads and over 100 votes!

Enjoy!

If Simba Didn't Go to the Gorge...

Remember that time when Simba was on the rock when Scar told him to wait for Mufasa's surprise?

Well, what if Simba didn't go with Scar?

This is what I think would happen if Simba didn't go to the gorge with Scar. 

Simba went with Scar to the gorge. "Hey, Uncle Scar, why are we going to the gorge?" the young cub asked.

Scar grinned a sinister grin, his jaws open, flashing his sharp, white teeth. His teeth parted as he answered coolly, "Oh, now, Simba. I can't tell you because that would ruin the surprise!"

Mufasa's only cub let his ears droop in dissatisfaction. But that changed when he realized that the gorge was the only place that the wildebeest were above, grazing, after seeing the wildebeest eating grass next to three hyenas.

"Wait a minute, Uncle Scar!" Simba said, immediately stopping in his tracks. The black-maned lion halted as well, confused as to why the cub was keeping from going to the trap as planned.

"What is it, my wonderful nephew?" Scar let the words roll off his tongue sarcastically.

Simba took a look at the gorge that was many feet in front of them, then back to Scar's bright green eyes.

"If my dad was going to give me a surprise, why are there wildebeest grazing next to hyenas?" Simba growled at his uncle.

Scar was taken aback by the words of his gullible nephew, or what was his gullible nephew.

"Eh...oh-ho-ho-hoh! Simba, I never saw any hyenas on the way here. If you saw some, I think they just arrived now to have some lunch of wildebeest." Scar lied.

Scar was cunning, but Simba saw through his lie. "I don't believe you. Hyenas don't eat wildebeest when the wildebeest are alive! I saw three hyenas feasting on a dead zebra when my dad, Nala, Zazu, and I were leaving the elephant graveyard.

Besides, my dad told me that hyenas are scavengers! They only take other animals' kills!" Simba was awfully smart, Scar thought, but that's only because "daddy" told him beforehand...possibly a lesson after my first plan failed...those stupid hyenas...

"Uncle Scar, are you lying to me? Are those hyenas part of the 'surprise'?" Simba picked up a paw and stomped it on the ground, causing dust to fly in Scar's face.

"Simba! You little–agh! You little...cub!" Scar roared, but stopped himself before calmly answering,  "You made the right choice in pointing out those hyenas, but not the...lion."

Simba looked confused before Scar raised a paw to bat him aside, but the green-eyed lion was bowled over by a larger lion and a roar sounded.

"Get away from my son, Scar! I will not have you laying a single claw on him!" Mufasa growled, standing over his brother.

"Oh, no, Mufasa, I-I was just–" Scar tried to explain, but Mufasa interrupted him with a roar.

"You turn your back on me, Scar, and you take my son, but you don't dare lay a claw on him!" Mufasa snarled, slapping Scar in the face with a paw.
(Sorry, I thought "slapping" was too funny XD)

Scar had a cowardly expression on his face. "Mufasa, you wouldn't dare kill your own brother, would you?" he sneered weakly.

"When I need to do so, I will. And I will do it now." Mufasa roared, pushing a paw onto Scar's neck.

"Dad, what about the hyenas?" Simba worried, glancing over to see the three hyenas had started running towards them from the left side of the gorge.

"Hold on, Simba, but look away." Mufasa ordered. When Simba replied by turning around, Mufasa took his paw and met it with Scar's neck.

"Dad?!" Simba called, scared that Mufasa may have died.

"Simba, I'm okay, but let me take care of the hyenas." Mufasa answered, leaping over Simba and dashing towards the three hyenas.

"Oh sh–" the first hyena said before he was knocked into the sky by Mufasa, "HEEENZZIIIIIII!!!"

"Shut up, Banzai!" a female hyena answered, backing up from Mufasa.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" the last hyena laughed like a maniac, his tongue lolling.

"ED, SHUT UP!" both the first two hyenas yelled at him.

Mufasa bat aside Shenzi and back-kicked Ed. When Banzai fell, Mufasa took the hyena in his jaws like a rag doll and flung him down the gorge.

By this time, the gorge was already in full-stampede mode, the wildebeest being scared by the fighting.

Simba watched his father with big eyes, seeing his father as the bravest lion he ever knew.

When Mufasa had finally thrown Shenzi off the side, he glared at Ed, but saw nothing of an evil hyena in his derpy face.

So Mufasa let Ed live.

Simba said, "Wow! That was awesome! Can you teach me that, dad?"

"All in good time, Simba. All in good time." Mufasa huffed.