If Kiara Didn't Go to the Outlands

A/N: One of you suggested this one, and I'm back from not posting it. ~Lc

"Kiara, where do you think you're going?" said someone behind her. Kiara turned around and saw Timon and Pumbaa standing by a tree. She rolled her eyes. Of course they would show up. Dad's too worried about me going out there.

"To hunt, what does it look like?" Kiara snapped, flicking her cream-colored tail in annoyance. Timon hopped off of Pumbaa's head and walked up to Kiara, looking at her from the ground. The meerkat was quiet for a bit, but thought of something to say in return.

"Don't you know that it's dangerous to hunt alone? (take this; sorry, couldn't help not making the joke xD)" Timon asked honestly. Kiara averted her eyes to view the tree next to them.

"What's even out there that my dad doesn't want me to find?" she inquired. Timon turned towards Pumbaa as if wanting help with the question. Pumbaa trotted forward a few steps.

"OUTSIDERS!" the red warthog exclaimed in an almost cheerful way, lifting his big snout up in the air slightly and smiling. Timon slapped his own face to his hand (paw?) at Pumbaa's unfiltered answer. Kiara's gaze switched back to the two pals.

"Outsiders? What are they?" she asked them, actually wanting to know the answer. Timon ran his hand/paw through the red tuft of hair on his head before answering.

"They're a pride of lionesses and lions that were exiled from the Pride Lands because they sided with Scar," Timon answered, "One of them had two male cubs and Simba was worried they would try to overthrow him because they followed Scar."

Kiara raised her eyebrow (do lions even have eyebrows xD) in confusion. She turned her head to view where she was initially going to travel. "If my dad was worried they would try to overthrow him, why did they comply with leaving Pride Rock?" she questioned. Neither Timon nor Pumbaa had an answer to this. Timon shrugged.

"Well, anyway, we should be getting back, princess. Let's go," Timon said, waving his arm in a follow-me gesture. Kiara seemed to hesitate, but she willingly followed the two friends back to their pride.