The Plan

Scar disdained his elder brother, Mufasa, for a long time. He knew he deserved the crown, but his father, Ahadi, did not. After Mufasa's first cub, Simba, was born, Scar created a devious plan to seize the throne of Pride Rock. All in good time, Scar thought.

Since the hyenas were his only trustworthy friends at the Elephant Graveyard, he decided to use them in order to proceed with his plan.

The plan was simple: Scar would tell Simba to wait for his father on a rock in the gorge, while the three hyenas, Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed, would snap at the wildebeest at Scar's command, causing a stampede.

Scar would then go to Pride Rock, get Mufasa's attention, and lead him to the gorge as well.

Mufasa would attempt to save Simba and succeed, but Scar would throw him off the cliff of the gorge, killing him.

They say cats always land on their feet. That's not entirely true for a lion, Scar grinned devilishly.

The plan progressed perfectly. Now, all that Scar had to do was throw Mufasa off the cliff after he climbed up.

As Mufasa slowly climbed up, Scar thought of the last words he would say to his soon-dead brother. But before he could throw Mufasa off the cliff, something threw him off the cliff.