Chapter 1

Alvin peeked his head out of the corner of the wall. He silently watched his brother as he talked on the phone with his girlfriend. "Jeanette, I love you. You know that right?" Alvin sighed quietly. He could never tell Simon he loved him more then he should. Simon loved Jeanette, and he didn't want to be the one responsible for their break-up. "Then why do you have to leave tomorrow to go to Pennsylvania?" Alvin's ears perked. He felt bad for Simon as well. Jeanette was always leaving to go to science conventions. They never allowed her to bring Simon, so he had to stay behind. Whenever she was gone, he would just mope around and look out the window, waiting for her return. Which wouldn't be a week, or at least a month later. Alvin knew he could do better. And he could do better with him. Sure he gets in trouble and takes nothing seriously, but he does takes relationships seriously. Simon, just couldn't see that. Simon sighed. "Okay, I'll meet you at the airport tomorrow." He hung up silently and sat down on his bed, sighing once more. Alvin looked down slightly. He had to comfort his brother. He needed to be in his life anyway he could get him. He slowly walked out from the corner. "Si, you okay?" Simon looked at Alvin with sorrowful eyes. "Not really, Al." Alvin sat next to his brother, resting his paw on his shoulder gently. "Jeanette's leaving again. But, she won't be back until two months." Alvin's eyes widened a little. "But, isn't your one year anniversary next month?" Simon nodded, getting tears in his eyes. "Y-Yes..." Alvin caught his brother in a hug. Simon hugged back tightly, burying his face in Alvin's neck as he let tears fall. Alvin rubbed his back in a comforting way, kissing his forehead in a brotherly way. Simon smiled lightly as he let tears fall. Alvin just kept holding Simon. He could get used to Jeanette ditching him.