Chapter 10

The next day, Simon just laid in his bed, trying to work out everything that had happened the last two months.

1. He had done it with Alvin.

2. Jeanette had surprised him by coming home early.

3. He had realized he had fallen in love with Alvin. His brother.

Simon groaned, putting his pillow over his face. His brain hurt. He didn't know what to do. Which ever way he would go, he knew he would end up breaking one of their hearts. He had to choose. Either Jeanette, or Alvin. Deciding to use his gift of smarts, he thought of them differently, thinking of which person he could rely on more. First, was Jeanette.

1. Had smarts like him.

2. Was bullied at one point like him.

3. Had glasses like him.

4. Had all A's like him.

5. Left him for science conventions.

6. Missed their anniversary.

7. Always talked about her studies.

8. Never asked how he felt when she left.

9. Never once chose him over a convention.

Simon frowned as he thought of all this. Of course, they were true, but he didn't want himself to admit it. Jeanette had never been there for him. He quietly signed. Next was Alvin.

1. He was annoying

2. He was his brother

3. If he didn't choose him, he'd see his heartbroken face everyday.

4. He was right there when Jeanette left.

5. He had comforted him the last two months.

6. He had revealed his secret, even if he wasn't ready and didn't know how he would respond.

7. He knew for sure Alvin loved him.

Simon smiled at those thoughts of Alvin. He knew he could trust Alvin, and he hoped Alvin knew he could trust him. Sighing, he got up and headed out the door, knowing who he had to pick.

~5 minutes later~

"Hey, we have to talk..."