Chapter 5

For the first time in a month, Simon was actually smiling. He and Alvin had just finished playing a video game, and as always, Alvin had won. Alvin smiled to himself. After a month of tries, he had finally gotten Simon to smile for real. He could tell that this smile was sincere, and not a fake one, which warmed Alvin's heart with fluff and love. Simon suddenly looked out the window, sighing. Alvin's smile suddenly turned into a frown. "Simon, what's wrong?" Simon looked down at the striped blue comforter. "I just really miss Jeanette. Alvin, do you think she misses me?" Alvin frowned. "How could he still be thinking of Jeanette after one month? Simon didn't seem to notice Alvin's slowly increasing anger. "I mean, do you think she's thinking of me? Maybe she's watching me sing in one of our music videos." He started looking off into space, thinking about her more deeply. "Her glasses, her dark brown hair, her purple jacket, her beautiful eyes...you know what I mean Alvin? She's just so beautiful..." Alvin started to grip Simon's sheets, steam slowly starting to come out of his ears, he didn't know how much more he could take of Simon going on and on about Jeanette. What did he even see in her? The only thing they had in common are glasses and school. That was it! Nothing else! But when you add up what he and Simon had in common, there was SO much more on that list then the other. Like, they were brothers, they both lived with Dave, they both have had detention, they've worked together to get through so many problems then he has with Jeanette, he's been there for Simon, and Simon has been there for him whenever they needed each other. And not to mention, they've been together since birth. SINCE BIRTH. And how long as Simon been with Jeanette? FOUR MONTHS! How could he not see that his perfect soulmate was right there next to him? "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!" Alvin pounded the bed and got off of it, making Simon jump out of his thoughts. "A-Alvin, what can you not take anymore?" Alvin gave his brother a death glare. "I CAN'T TAKE YOU AND JEANETTE ANYMORE!!! SERIOUSLY SIMON, WHY ARE YOU STILL WITH HER!!! ALL SHE DOES IS LEAVE WHENEVER SHE WANTS, LEAVING YOU IN A SLUMP AND YOU DO NOTHING!!!!!" Simon frowned, getting off the couch, he walked to Alvin, poking him in the chest, and backing him up against the wall. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!? DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT JEANETTE LIKE THAT!!! SHE IS THE SWEETEST PERSON ON THIS PLANET!!! WHY ARE YOU SO MADE THAT WE ARE DATING?!?!?!?! HUH, ALVIN?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?" Alvin's frown deepened. "BECAUSE!!!!!!" "BECAUSE WHY?!?!?!?!?!?" Alvin took a deep breath. "BECAUSE I LIKE YOU!!!!!" Simon's eyes widened as Alvin exploded that. He slowly stepped back in shock. "Wait, w-what?"