Chapter 13

The Next Day

Jeanette smiled as she saw Alvin walk towards her. "Hi, Alvin." Alvin looked at her confused. Jeanette had never been nice to him ever since Simon had broken up with her. In fact, it seemed like she now despised him. So when he saw her smiling sweetly at him, he was confused. "Uh...hi?" Jeanette looked at him, now confused herself. "Why do you sound nervous and confused? It's just me..." Alvin scratched the back of his head, nervous. "Exactly. It's you. Ever since Simon broke up with you, you stopped talking to me, you acted like I didn't exist, so...I thought you told me to come here so you could yell, or hurt me..." Jeanette giggled, still sounding sweet. "Oh, Alvin...I've moved past that...I'm not upset at you anymore...so don't worry..." Alvin just kept getting more confused as she kept talking. "Well, okay..." Jeanette patted the spot on the bench next to her. "Have a seat..." Alvin gulped as he slowly sat next to her. "So...why did you call me here if you weren't going to shout and scream at me?" Jeanette shrugged as she looked at him. "I don't know. I guess I just wanted to make amends with you so Simon doesn't feel stressed about us clawing at each other every time we see each other." Alvin nodded slightly as he thought of it. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Jeanette smiled and clapped. "Yay! We're friends again! I'm so happy!" Alvin smiled sheepishly as he watched her. As she finished, Jeanette then got out two cans of coke, giving one to Alvin. "To Simon." She held up her can, waiting for his. He nodded and raised his. "To Simon." They clinked their cans together and took a sip. As Alvin took the can away from his mouth, he started to feel lightheaded. Putting the can down, he then rested his hand on his head. "Woah...J-Jeanette....what w-was in t-that?...." Jeanette shrugged as she watched him. "Just coke." Alvin fell to his knees, both hands on his head now. "N-No...that w-wasn't c-coke." Jeanette rolled her eyes as she used her foot and pushed him onto the ground. Looking up at her, Alvin felt his arms and legs go stiff. "Y-You monster..." Jeanette giggled, and this time, it was mean. "True, Alvin. But this monster is getting that geek of a brother of yours to myself." "N-No..." As he said those last words, his head fell on the concrete, him not moving at all.

~an hour later~

Simon heard a knock at the door. As he opened it, he saw Jeanette with "tears" in her eyes. "Jeanette? What happened? Where's Alvin?" Jeanette sobbed as she wiped the "tears" from her eyes. "Oh Simon! I-It was t-terrible!"