Chapter 1

Riley's point of view
11:46 P.M. I couldn't take it anymore, but I had to. Auggie lay beside me in my bed with tears in his eyes. I rubbed his back and bit my lip. I couldn't cry. Even though I had a million reasons to.

12:27 A.M. I heard it stop for a second. But that quickly faded. My parents bedroom door slammed and yelling continued. Auggie was asleep but I couldn't.

I got up and quietly opened my door and peeked into the living room. My dad was asleep on the couch. I wonder why?

I stepped into the kitchen and filled a glass with water. "Riley?" my dad sat up from the couch. "What" I said annoyed. Well duh I was annoyed with him. He and my mom haven't stopped fighting in 3 days. "Listen Riley, this is much bigger than you think. And it really isn't much of your concern" he said. "Yes it is! I don't know if you realise it, but every night when you're yelling at mom it's like you're yelling at me. What did she do? What did I do?" I let it all out. "Riley I'm sorry-" he started. "No you're not because you do it every night and you go to school and act like nothing happened! But I know what happened. Because I live it every day!" I screamed.

I ran into my room away from him. I sat on my bed wanting someone to talk to but who?

Hi! If anyone reads this please tell me what you think. Its my first published fanfic. I've written before but not for people. Also check my instagram out at @/ lucayasriarkle.