Chapter 5

Riley's point of view

9:37 P.M. That night I laid in my bed listening to screams and slammed doors.

"I hate you Cory Matthews! I hate you!" my mom screamed.

She does? No she can't! She would never say that. It's just a dream. It's just a nightmare. Wake up Riley, wake up. I tried to assure myself.

I heard screams getting closer. "Cory get away from me!" my mom screamed. It sounded like it was right outside my door.

"Topanga!" my fathers voice was heard. "Cory stop! Please sto-" my mom paused and a loud bang was heard.

I got up and ran to my door and opened. There on the ground my mother lay. Her eyes slowly shutting. My father stood there with his arms out in front of him.

"How...how could you hurt her?!" I cried. I knelt down and grabbed my mother's hand.

"Mom? Mom? Mom I need you! Are you okay?" I asked. She opened her eyes. "I'm fine I think" she said.

I gave my father a nasty look and turned back to my mom. "Let me help you to your b-" I fell. My dad just pushed me.

"How dare you hit our daughter!" my mom yelled trying to stand up. I lay on the ground as my parents pushed each other in the hallway.

I got up and ran in my room. I opened the window. I looked back into my room. I listened to the screams one more time and left.

I ran down the fire escape in my pajamas and boots.

I made it to the street. I prayed for protection.

"Farkle, Farkle!" I yelled as I ran towards his apartment.

I made it to his building and grabbed the front door. I pulled it towards me. It was locked. I could have cried right there.

I walked a couple of steps away. See I was right no one is here for me. I put my hands over my eyes. I didn't know what to do or where to go.

"Riley, I'm here"

I turned around. "You saw me" I said. "I told you. I'm always here for you Riley" he said.