Chapter 14

Riley's point of view

9:19. I don't even know what is even happening. Maya left. My mom yelled at her. I don't know what to do.

Riles your mom hates me Maya texted me. I slammed my phone down on the bed and sat in the bay window.

I heard my phone buzz again. I'm gonna try to talk to your dad Maya texted again.

No don't. It's no use. Its over. I thought about my parents in a happier time but no memories were vivid enough.

I never answered Maya. I just let Maya go try. She is the only person who still has hope. Which is weird because she's usually the first to give up.

I laid in my bed listening to the faint noise of the tv in the living room. I heard a tap on the bay window. "Maya?" I say sitting up.

"Nope. Just me" Farkle crawled in my window. I sat down beside him. "I'm glad your here" I said.

"Is it because what Maya's doing?" he asked. I looked into his eyes. Wow he's so cute. Wait. Did I just say Farkle's cute? Eww.

"Yeah. She went too far with my mom and now my mom hates her. And now she's about to do the same with my dad. I know she's trying to help but it's not working. She's just making it worse" I let it all out.

"Riley. I know you think she's making it worse but she has a plan" Farkle said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"She told me" Farkle confessed.

I didn't know what to say. Maya actually put thought in this plan.

"She is talking to my dad right now. Lets go and back her up. She has a plan and I want to help her!" I stood up.

Farkle smiled at me. "Riley that's nice but Maya doesn't want your help" Farkle said. I sat back down.

"Come on!" I begged. Farkle's phone buzzed. He pulled it out of his pocket and turned it on. He turned it away from me.

I stared at him. "Who was that?" I asked. "No-nobody" he said.

"I don't believe you" I said. "Well you should because-" I stared to tackle him. I grabbed his phone and sat on him.

I need back up help Maya's text read.

I stood up. She needs us let's go.