Chapter 5

Chapter Five--Emilee

Liam needed to talk to Harry. It was killing him. He didn't mean to tell his friends about Harry being gay. It just came out.

His friends were all naming off people in the school that they thought were gay or lame and things like that. Liam never really involved himself in those activities, he just kind of stood there and listened and added in comments here and there when they would address him.

"And what about that Horan guy? He's a queer isn't he?" Andy said. Everyone laughed, except for one...

"And you know who else I believe is playing on the other team??" said one of Liam's friends named Kolby. He had everyone's attention. He had about seven pairs of eyes fixed on him and seven pairs of ears listening intently to whatever he had to say that was so important.

"That Harry Styles guy.." everyone was silent for a moment. They all played soccer and Harry actually used to be on the soccer team with all of them, until he quit, for reasons he couldn't explain.

Absentmindedly, Liam began laughing to himself. "Well he definitely is hahaha.." and once he said it, he threw his hand over his mouth to try to erase what he had said. There was no getting rid of those words, they were already floating around inside the thickheads that were listening.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed a boy named Brandon.

"I knew it!" said Kolby. "I knew Styles was a faggot just by the way he acts!"

Liam was horrified. His best friend, his cousin, his own blood, had told him his biggest secret, and Liam just outed Harry to all of his friends. He couldn't believe what he had just done. Liam knew that he was the only one that Harry had revealed his sexuality to, and he also knew that he was Harry's only friend, and Harry had trusted him. He broke that trust. He pretty much mauled that trust. Harry would never forgive him...

And he didn't...

Liam hated thinking back on that memory, but his guilt about the whole thing haunted him every night when his head hit his soft feather pillow.

Liam was in his shiny black Ford Expedition that his parents got him when he turned 16, and he was driving to Harry house. He didn't know what he was going to say to his cousin but he was going to try anything to win Harry's friendship back. It wasn't even that he felt bad, but he did he felt horrible, but it was that he really did just genuinely miss Harry's company. Harry was a good friend.

Liam turned onto Harry's street with doubt swimming around in his head. Would Harry slam the door in his face? Would he give Liam a chance to explain? Probably not....

Harry's house came into view and he could already see another car in the driveway. It was a silver Toyota Corolla. Not as expensive as Liam's car but it wasn't a piece of junk. He pulled in next to the unknown car and parked. He got out, eyeing the car suspiciously and began the journey up to the door.

When he reached the porch, he noticed someone sat on the porch swing on the left side of the porch.

It was Niall Horan.

When Niall heard Liam, he sprung up out of his seat a scurried over to Liam. "Have you heard from Harry??!" he asked frantically.

"He's not here?!" Liam matched Niall's nervousness. Neither of them knew where Harry was...

"Well where did he go?" Liam asked Niall.

"I don't know where he went he just ran off. I went upstairs to get him the first aid kit, I came downstairs and he was gone. I don't know where he went I'm sorry." Niall looked like he was about to cry. He didn't know where Harry was and he was absolutely no help at all in trying to figure out where he could have run off to.