Chapter 4

Yes she was. She was still breathing. Immediately he caught her and brought her to the hospital before it was to late.

"-Is it emergency room ?" asked Dustin panic.

"-Yes, what's your problem mister ?" asked a nurse.

"-Don't you see ? She's unconscious. You have to hurry !"

"-I'm calling doctors right now. Is she your sister ? Your girlfriend?"

"-A co-worker."

"-You need to tell me everything about her."

"-She's name Meryl... umh... She's like 28 years old... I don't know her very much !"

"-Do you know what she took to be like that ?" she asks as soon as doctors came to pick up her.

"-I guess she took pills with Vodka. Is she going to be alright ?"

"-I don't know Mister..."

"-Wait !"

"-Anything else which come up to your mind ?"

"-Yep ! She lost her boyfriend few months ago. She really loved him. I think that's why she wanted to kill herself."

"-Oh ! Thank you mister... ?"

"-Hoffman. Dustin Hoffman."

She began to freak out when she recognized him. When she left, he went to Meryl's apartment and tried to find her parent's phone number. As soon as he got it, he called them, told them the hospital and then immediately called Harry. It was 11.30 pm when everybody has arrived to her room.

"-Third ?"

"-Mom ! Dad ! Glad to see you here !"

"-Where is she ?" asked Harry.

"-In her room, I was waiting for you. I didn't want to see her like that alone."

"-Okay then. Get in."

"-Oooooh my sweet little girl !!" cried her mother " Why did you do that ?" Meryl was still sleeping.

"-Hello there ! I'm Meryl's doctor. First of all, I want to tell you that she's out of danger. Your daughter tried to kill herself due to an overdose to pills and Vodka. Second, you must be very careful now with her. I want at least one person to be with her all the time until further information. I don't want to risk her to do that again.Third, she is going to stop taking pills, she'll have to meet a psychiatrist until she goes better and nobody knows until when it can goes."

"-Great ! I'm going to live with her." immediately said Third.

"-Are you sure ?" asked Mary

"-Yes. I want to be with her. I really do."

"-Now, you'll have to leave her. Miss Streep has to rest a lot. You'll be able to visit her tomorrow morning. Okay ?"

"-Yes. Thank you doctor. Third ? Can you let us sleep in your apartment?"

"-Yup !"

They all came back to Third's. Nobody slept. They all were scared to lose Meryl. All love her to much. By 8 am they were already ready to leave for the hospital. Dana was going to meet them in the room 205: Meryl's room. By 8.30 they were around her. Finally, she got up slowly but she immediately smiled when she saw all of her family.They all came to support her.

"-Hello sweetheart !" said Mary.

"-Hey mom. Why are you all here ?"

"-Don't you remember ?" asked Dana with watery eyes.

"-Well... not really."

"-You took pills." said Dustin as soon as he got in the room.

"-It's you who took her in ?" asked Harry.

"-Yes, sir." said shyly Dustin.

"-Well then. I thank you with all my heart. Thank you for everything." For the first time, the whole family saw Harry being emotional.

"-Why did you do that sweetheart ?"

"-Is it really complicated for you to understand the hell I'm leaving ?My boyfriend, the first guy whom I wanted to grow old with, the one I wanted to have kids with. For me, he was the one. And he died. Okay ?I'm not going to see him anymore or even kiss him, be with him. I won't be able to see him smile or anything."

"-No one knows it was that hard. But now, you have to promise us not to do that again. Everybody in this room loves you honey ! Everybody !"said Harry.

"-I do dad. I'll try."

The next day, Meryl came back to her apartment. Since that very first day, there wasn't a day where she was alone. It could be Third, or Dana, or her best friend Kate, or James Woods.

Few weeks later, there was a screening of a new movie. James took Meryl to see it. She also called Third. After "Revenge of the pink panther"they all meet near to the bar.

"-Meryl ?" yelled Third.

"-Little Bro ! How are you ?"

"-Great ! You ? Do you feel better ?"

"-Well, kind of... This is my friend, James. James, this is my little brother Harry."

"-Harry but you can call me Third. Nice to meet you."

"-Nice to meet you." said shyly James.

"-Jimmy, Meryl" begun Third "I'd like you to meet a friend of mine: Don Gummer !"

Meryl and Don's eyes met, he went down, took her hand and kissed it. There was a whole blank. Meryl was stuck into Don's blue eyes. And Don was stuck by her beauty.

"-Finally we met, right ? It's so nice to see you in real." It make Meryl laugh.

"-Yeah ! Finally. I'm glad to meet you Don." While James introduced himself to Don, Meryl began to blush. "My God, he's so handsome and really funny as well... Why am I laughing ? It's nuts !" she thought. "Whooa ! I've never saw anything as beautiful as she is. Are James and Meryl dating ? I hope no... Why is she blushing ? Shit! I'm also blushing... So awkward" Thought Don as well.

After a little while at the bar, Meryl asked everyone to go in the apartment. They called a cab because Don was badly injured at his leg. Once all of them rushed onto the sofa. They were a bit exhausted. While James, Don and Third were sleeping, she decided to make dinner. She had find again her love for food and life. Maybe it was Don, maybe she wanted to do something for him because he lent her his apartment and it was like a gift... Who knows ?