Chapter 6

Neither Don nor Meryl was sleeping. She was so sad, the man she thought she loved was already in love with somebody else. She almost killed herself, but immediately when she received another letter from him, she stopped thinking about death. She doesn't know what to do anymore.

Hoping he was sleeping, Meryl went out of her bedroom to got a glass of water. She saw him, in front of the television still awake.

"-Not sleeping ?" he asked.

"-Nope."

"-Meryl?"

"-What ?" she seemed very angry.

"-Is there any problem ?"

"-Why do you say that ?"

"-You seems very mad at me."

"-It's just... No forget it."

"-Please, I want to know."

"-No, really. Maybe later."

"-Ok. Then, let's change of subject. Do you want a hot chocolate ? Neither you and I can sleep for the moment, maybe we can talk a little bit..."

"-Sure. I would love to. Thanks." After he prepared two hot chocolate with whipped cream (why not ?) they both went on the sofa.

"-So, you wanna date someone ?" he asked.

"-Well..." she began to blush. "Yes."

"-Is he nice ?"

"-Yep."

"-Funny ?"

"-Oh gosh ! Yeah !"

"-Does he like you ?"

"-I don't know."

"-Well, if he is not in love with you, he's a jerk !" as he said that, he couldn't look away from her lips.

"-I don't think he is..." he became closer. "He's very kind and handsome and..." He couldn't wait anymore. He had to kiss her. And that's what he did.

"-I just had to do it. I'm sorry."

"-Don't be. I liked it." she kissed him back.

"-You're not in love with your guy ?"

"-Well, he just kissed me... but I thought you were in love with a"nice and sweet girl" ?"

"-Well, she 'just kissed me'." It made her laugh.

"-You mean I am the lucky one ?"

"-Well, between us, I think I am the one."

She was saying no with her head and kissed him again. He lounged her on the sofa and began to kiss her everywhere on the face and in the neck. "Is it going to fast ?" she thought. "I love him so much... Does he feel the same or does he just want to do it ?" He began to undressed her. She was just in underwear. Meryl, didn't really care anymore about what she thought. She was with the man she loved, so she had to take the opportunity. She unbuttoned his shirt and unzipped his pants. He began to go lower. He kissed her bellybutton and arrived on her panties. He stopped.

"-Is there a problem Don ?" asked Meryl concerned.

"-No, no. I mean... yes."

"-Oh. I... I'm sorry."

"-Why ? It's not you. It's me. It's maybe going too fast. I can't deal with that."

"-Oh... I feel the same, but we're young, no ? Do want you want. I don't want to force you..."