Chapter 12

Addison's POV

The lovely tune of marimba woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I groaned, very angrily might I add, and reached over to get my phone from the bedside table. Without opening my eyes I swiped right on my phone to answer whoever is calling me at this ridiculous hour in the morning.

"Hello?" I answered with sleepiness lacing my voice.

"Hello. It's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to met." the voice on the other side replied.

"Lex what the fuck is wrong with you. It's too early to start quoting Adele. Your making me miss the attractive stranger I made eye contact with on the school bus in year  8" I groaned.

"Addison it is literally 2 o'clock in the bloody afternoon. Get your smexi ass out of bed and let me in you piece of shit. You have a date to get ready for"

My eyes shot open and I ,very uncoordinatedly, rolled out of bed and looked at the clock that was sat on my bed side table. It read 2:01pm. Shit. I raced to my front door, tripping over two pairs of shoes and a pile of dirty clothes. I swung the door open and there was Lexi giving me a very unimpressed look.

"Bout time" she said very sassily.

"Just get in" I said as I pulled her inside.

She went straight into my bedroom and started to rummage through my wardrobe. Like literally throwing my clothes over her shoulder and all over my all ready messy floor. I rolled my eyes so hard I think I strained a muscle. After she finally emptied all of my clothes out of the draws and hangers she held up a nice dark blue flowy dress. It had long sleeves and reached just above my knees. It was actually one of my favourite dresses. I grinned and gave her a thumbs up. She got up off the floor and shoved my into my bathroom telling me to shower because I "stink".

After having my very long hot shower I got out and wrapped my white fluffy towel around myself and walked out into my bedroom where Lexi was laying on my bed on her phone. Weaving my way around all the clothes I reached my bed and flopped down next to her.

"You know your going to have to put all of these clothes away. I can't even see my floor" I said to Lexi as I got my phone and scrolled through Facebook.

"Nah wardrobes are too mainstream. Floordrobes however, is where it's at" she said completely serious.

I let out a laugh or a snort, whatever you want to call it, and slapped her arm. I got up and went to sit at my desk where all my makeup was very strategically placed and waited for Lexi to get the hint that I wanted her to start helping me get ready.

About 2 hours later she was finally finished with my hair and makeup and left the room so I could get dressed. I slipped on the dress and put on my white heels and walked over to my full length mirror. After giving myself a thumbs up, I of course took a couple of selfies. I looked on point what could I say. I opened my bedroom door and gave a very over the top dramatic entrance. Lexi gave me a thumbs up and a wolf whistle while telling herself how good of a job she did.

"What's cooking good looking?" 

"Oh hush you. Hey what time is it? Rhys said he is picking me up at 6"

"It's 5:45. I better get going then. You have to call me later and tell me how it goes" Lexi says.

"Shit that's so soon. Wait you can't go, you have to clean up my room first" I said.

"Have an amazing time. Bye" Lexi said hurriedly as she rushed to the front door, opened it and left.

I let out and annoyed puff and sat down on the lounge taking out my phone and scrolling through tumblr till Rhys showed up. I would call Lexi tomorrow and make her clean the cyclone like disaster she made in my room. I reblogged a few more photos before I heard three knocks on my door. My whole body froze with nerves. I hadn't been on a date in so long I think I may have forgotten how to act around the male species. However I still got up and made my way to the door. I opened it and there was Rhys looking handsome as ever.

"Hey you ready to go?" He said.

...............................................................................................................................................................

We were currently in Rhys' car on our way to have dinner. We decided on going to a restaurant in the city. Not to fancy or expensive but just nice for a first date. Rhys was just now parking and soon we were walking through the doors of the restaurant.

"Table for two?" the waiter asked.

We both just nodded and were soon being escorted to an empty table in the middle of the restaurant. We got given the menus and immediately started to look through them. As soon as I saw spaghetti bolognaise I was sold. We both ordered our meals and drinks and started having that awkward small talk that you have on the first date. I can't say this was the best way to start this date but we still have the movie after so it should be alright.

Our meals soon came and we were both deadly silent. Just concentrating on the delicious goodness before us. In no time we had basically licked our plates clean. I was so full I could fell a food baby starting to grow. How attractive for a first date. The waiter came over and took our plates and put the bill in the middle of our table. Rhys looked at the receipt and let out a huff.

"So if we split it, it's about $30 each way but I forgot my wallet so can you pay for both and I will pay on the next date?" he said casually.

My jaw dropped. Was he actually serious. I fished out my purse got out the correct change and slammed it on the table. With force I pushed out my chair and walked out. Not to be dramatic or anything but that was very rude of him. If he was good company and actually acted like a gentlemen I probably wouldn't have a problem with paying. I got out my phone and googled the bus timetable. No way was he going to take me home. I would probably have to pay for his petrol money too.

I waited at the nearest bus stop and sent a very dramatic angry text to Lexi, telling her how I'm going to die old with 53 cats. The bus finally showed up. I payed my $3.40 and went and sat on a seat near the back. I pulled out my earphones and stuck them in my phone. I pressed play and let the music flow through my ears. With just my luck Adele's voice started playing. I rolled my eyes. Like how convenient. It was going to be a very long bus ride home.

A/N 

I haven't updated in over a year does that make me a terrible person? Well here is the much awaited chapter 12. If I'm honest I don't really know where I'm going with this story but I'm just gunna go with the flow. I only have 7 days of school left for the year so hopefully I can update more regularly then once every year haha. Thank you very very much for all the comments and messages they are very nice. I have 16.2k reads now. To think I gave myself a pat on the back when I got to 10 reads is quite sad. But I hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope to update soon.

-Alyssa xx