Imagine #11: Teen Pregnancy with Ethan

You and Ethan were only 17 years old. You were still in high school and had your whole lives ahead of you. Instead of worrying about your math exam like you should be, you were sitting in your bathroom staring at the three positive pregnancy tests in front of you. You wondered how it was possible. You and Ethan only had sex that one time and you were both very cautious with the protection. What am I going to say to Ethan? How is he going to react?  You asked yourself. You were so engulfed in your worries that you didn't notice your mom knocking on the door. 

"Y/n?" she asked quietly. "What are you doing in there?"

You jerked your head up and wiped your tears. Do I tell her?  You decided to hide the pregnancy tests and start running the water in the shower.

"I'm about do have a shower," you replied.

"Okay sweetie," she said, "dinner's in half an hour. I'm making salmon."

Dinner did not sound appealing to you at all, especially salmon. 

"I'm actually going to head over to y/fn's tonight to study for our exam," you lied, "Do you mind if I take dinner to go?" you asked not wanting to have to eat the salmon.

"Of course! I'll pack you a plate."

After your shower, you headed out the door with your packaged salmon. You immediately threw it in the garage can. You wondered where you were going to go. You couldn't actually go to y/f/n's house because she has volleyball practice. You decided to go to your favourite park. It was actually the park where Ethan asked you out. When you arrived, you sat under the tree where Ethan popped the question. You watched the young kids playing in the park, the young teenage boys skateboarding in the skate park, the young couples walking on the sidewalk, and the old couples sharing ice cream on the bench. You were jealous of those people. They were happy. They didn't have to worry about becoming a teen mom. A tear slipped down your face, then another, and another, and another. Before you knew it you were putting on a waterworks show. 

"Why are you crying?" a small voice asked.

You looked up to see a young girl with blonde pigtails and bright blue eyes. She was wearing yellow overalls with a pink t-shirt underneath. Before you could respond a woman who looked just like the little girl in the overalls ran up to the young girl and picked her up.

"Charlotte!" she said while securing the young girl on her hip. She turned to me with an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry about that. She's only four and she has been very curious lately."

"Don't worry about it," you said wiping your tear stained cheeks. You noticed her swollen belly. "How far a long are you?" you asked.

"Seven months," she said smiling. "I already feel like I'm going to burst. I'm having twins. Two boys."

You thought of Ethan. Ethan's just as innocent as the people this park. He doesn't know he's going to be a teenage father in nine months. Right now, he doesn't have to worry about whether or not he'll have to stay in school or if he'll have to drop out and work full-time. 

"I'm y/n by the way," you said.

"I'm Aimee and this is Charlotte"

After a few quiet seconds you said with a faint smile,

"I'm pregnant too. I just found out today."

The lady gave you a sympathetic smile. "Are you okay?" she asked sincerely. 

"I don't know," you said trying to fake a smile.

"Are you going to have a girl?" asked Charlotte.