chapter one

Chapter one:

Chapter one:

New people and rebels

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

Some say that change is for the better but, what they fail to mention is that with change comes challenges and they might not always be on the easier side. Change can be good but, it can also be terrifying. 

So when Haylee was standing outside the familiar classroom that she knew all too well, she was terrified. Not because she didn't feel welcome there or because she didn't have any friends. She was terrified because of the change that had happened to her. 

You see, Haylee was always known as the girl who was on the bigger side and people might have labeled her as a nerd but, before the summer break, things started to change. The girl who was once blonde was now a brunette with much shorter hair than what people knew she had. Her body had gotten skinnier, and the bruise under her eye was now covered up with makeup. 

But Haylee knew that she had to face them at some point and staring at the door was pointless as it could open at any minute. 

So as she was adjusting her tight ponytail, Haylee took a deep breath and slowly placed her hand on the doorknob. She twisted it and opened the door. 

At the other side of the door, heads shot up as they got aware of the door that was now opening. Some confused faces looked at each other. The class had already started and what they thought was all of the students were present. 

Whispers started to go around the room as the brunette walked in. She didn't even need to look up to know that people were staring at her. She could feel it. It felt like they were staring at her bones and Haylee had never felt such discomfort as she did now. 

"Ooh. A new girl"

The voice soft, squicky voice was familiar. It felt good to Haylee to hear that voice again. She immediately felt more comfortable. Looking up, the brunette noticed that there was almost nothing new about the classroom. A few new posters but, everything else was still the same.  

A body that was facing the blackboard, put down his chalk and turned towards the girl. When he looked at her, he thought that there was something very familiar about her but, he just couldn't put his finger on it. "New student?

Haylee didn't know if she wanted to laugh or cry. She wanted to laugh because he didn't recognize her but, she also wanted to cry because he didn't recognize her. 

Cory Matthews was the closest thing she had ever got like a real father figure. Sure, she did have a dad that she lived with but, he wasn't much of a father to Haylee. Because some times, the ones you are related to, can be the ones who hurt you the most. And in Haylee's case, that was exactly what happened.