0.7

0.7; Courage and the truth 

3 weeks later the young brunette was back in New York and standing in the classroom waiting. After her time at Shawn's she got the courage to tell her friends what really was going on with her. She knew that they had been looking for her and she owned them an explanation as to where she had been. 

"What's going on?" The brunette turned to the door where the voice came from. There stood all of them. Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle.  Even Mr. Matthews was there. 

"I need to tell you something and that you just listen." They all looked at the brunette before they sat down at their desks. Haylee looked at them and took a deep breath, "I haven't been completely truthful with you guys and now I am going to," The group looked at her strange not knowing what was going on with, "Last year I started to change who I was and I turned to some unhealthy habits. I wasn't excepted as who I was at home, and I went to get some changes in my appearance."

Riley and Maya looked at each other. They felt bad for Haylee and wanted to help her. "I am still Haylee Reed. The girl who always brought cookies to her friends, always cracked jokes in the middle of class. I'm still that girl. I just changed." 

"Haylee-"

"I didn't think that I was loved and I-"

"We know." The brunette looked at her friends confused. "You know? Since when?"

"We have always known," Maya looked at the girl in front of her, "We just didn't want to bring it up until you were ready to talk about it." Haylee didn't know what to do. She didn't think that they knew about it. 

"Do you hate me?"

"We could never hate you, Haylee. You are our bestfriend." The two girl hugged the brunette as they all smiled. 

***

As Haylee was putting her stuff in her locker the felt a presence behind her. She tilted her head back to see who it was. "Hey, cowboy." He smiled at her. "Hi."

"What you did in there was really brave." 

"I was so nervous that I didn't think I could do it." Lucas looked at her. "Why?" 

"Because-" the brunette paused as she thought about it, "I thought that Riley and Maya would hate me. I haven't really been the greatest friend to them." She closed her locker and turned to the boy beside her. "I don't think they could ever hate you. You're an amazing girl, Haylee." She smiled at him. 

"Thank you, Lucas. You're one of the best friends I could have." Haylee hugged him. He could always make her feel good about herself. He really was the best friend anyone could have. As Haylee let go of him, she looked over his shoulder. 

"Josh?"

***

Word count: 474

Well, this was a short chapter, but I haven't posted anything on this story for so long. I'm going to try to upload more often on this story. 

Please comment and vote!