0.6

0.6; Tears and worries

"Haylee. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?" She knew she should, but she just couldn't. Nor physically or mentally. "I know I should have called or something first, but I just had to get away." As her eyes drifted to the ground, the man felt that something was wrong.

"Away from what?" Haylee had a lump in her throat. Her eyes started to water as she said her next words, "My father. H-he abused m-me."

"Oh, Haylee." He embraced her as tears fell down her cheeks. He had heard so much about what had been happening to her from Cory that he couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor girl. Having to go through so much at such a young age is not good.

...

Back at home the Matthews and the Reeds were searching for Haylee. The little group of friends the Reed girl had gotten were worried about her but was still in school trying to learn.

"Do you think she's okay?" The worry in his tone seemed to surprise them. They didn't know about the bond that Lucas and Haylee was starting to get. Maya got interested and walked away from her locker towards Lucas, "Have you met her? The girl got more bones in her nose than in our entire bodies." You could easily her that she was trying to joke. 

"Maya, it's no time for jokes. This is serious." Lucas was annoyed at her. It was one of her best friends that they were talking about. But of course she didn't realize that. 

"Gees. Sorry for trying to lighten the mood."

"If you want to lighten the mood, tell me how you got that necklace." Riley wanted to know so bad where she got that necklace from. It was killing her to think that Maya was a thief.  "Tell Farkle the truth and I will tell you."

...

"Why didn't you talk to Cory about this? I'm sure he and Topanga would have taken you in to live with them." That was something Haylee actually had thought of, "I don't want Riley or Maya to know about this."

"Haylee-

"No Shawn. Some things are better when they are kept a secret and this is one of them!Shawn was taken back from her sudden out burst. He had never seen her like this in his entire life. All of the time he had known her, she had always been this goofy ball of sunshine just like Riley. 

Shawn felt sorry for the young brunette. She used to be so full of life and now it was like everything was just sucked out of her, "Okay, I fully understand and I won't tell anyone." That made the girl smile. She finally found an adult that she could trust with her secrets, "Thank you, Shawn." He smiled back at her. Shawn promised himself that he would help her and if keeping this as a secret would help, he was going to do it. 

Word count: 501

Wow, this was such a short chapter, please don't hate me for that. I have been feeling very down these months after school started, so I haven't been able to write that much and I don't really want to post chapters that I'm not happy with. But, I'm on christmas break now and I'm gonna try my hardest to write some chapters for you guys as I see how much you all like my book so far.

I love you all so much and wish you a merry christmas,

Lucbae