0.5

0.5; School dance and run aways

School dance. The time of the year when people dress up and dance together. Yeah, that's totally not Haylee's scene. She hated school dances. Not because she didn't like to dance or dress up, but because that one time a few years ago.

It was October 2010. It was Haylee's first school dance and she was excited. She loved the black dress she wore and felt amazing. Nothing could make her night bad. Well, if you don't count being dumped in the trash and thrown soda on. Totally not a fun night. But that was before she ran home. On the way home she tripped, ripped her dress and got a bruise on her cheek. Luckily, it was a young boy nearby that saw Haylee and helped her home.

That was the first time she met Josh. And four years later they are dating. What are the odds?

"Haylee!"

"Huh?"

"Lucas asked if you were going to the dance."

"Oh, I can't go." That made Riley, Lucas and Maya look at her confused, "Why not?"

"My family won't let me and it's not my scene anyway." That was indeed very true. Her family were against those type of dances. And being the oldest daughter and not having a good relationship with your family made it worse.

"Well, I would have loved it if you could come."

"Sorry, cowboy."

•••

When she got home, the first thing she was greeted by was her parents. She hated them. They made her life miserable.

"Mom. Dad. I need to ask you something."

"Be careful of what you ask."

"Well, there is this dance at school and-" before she could even finish her question she was interrupted, "No. You have stuff to do at home or you will get punished."

"But-" that was when the slap came from her father. The abuser in her life. Or Satan, as Haylee called him. Everytime Haylee wanted to do something that she knew she wasn't allowed to, she would get hit or kicked. Everyday. Since she was 6.

Haylee ran up to her room after seeing her little sister by the kitchen door with tears in her eyes. She had never seen Haylee getting hit before now. Haylee was starting to get fed up with the hitting and kicking from her parents. A family should be loving right?

•••

When Haylee didn't show up at school the next day, the group of four friends started to worry.

"Why didn't she show up? She was so happy yesterday."

"I don't know, Riles. I don't know." Riley was most worried about Haylee you could think, but Lucas was most worried about her, "What if something bad happened to her? What if she got hit by a truck or something?"

"Easy there, Cowboy. Everything is going to be fine."

"I hope so." The sad tone in his voice showed that he really cared about the brunette. Who wouldn't though? Haylee always cared about her friends and would do anything for them.

"Friar. Minkus. Hart. You." The greatest welcomest in the year by Corey Matthews. "Where's Haylee?"

"None of us have seen her, Sir."

"Huh."

•••

That same day Haylee made sure to know her family was out of the house before she started her plan. She packed all of her clothes and belongs in a bag before she went out her bay window. It was the smartest way out if she didn't want to get caught.

Haylee started walking to the subway when she saw her dad's car pull up. She quickly hid behind a bush before he could see her. When he was out of sight she ran as fast as she could trying to avoid tripping. Her phone started to buzz as she picked it up and looked at the caller I.D. Satan. She declined the call before shutting her phone off. She would never talk to that jerk ever again.

Haylee ran down the stairs with her bag and into the subway before sitting down. It was a long journey to where she was going, so she had the time to get the sleep she had lost that night.

When she woke up she was just as tired as when she left, but she wasn't in New York anymore. She was there. The only place no one thought she would go to. All she had to do was to get to the house.

Haylee walked down the streets from the subway with her bag hanging over her shoulder. Ignoring all of the looks she got from the old people around her, she noticed the house a few meters away. Haylee started to almost regret coming here but she had to. She had to talk to him. She had to get his help.

The car was in the drive way so Haylee knew he was home. She stopped outside of the door and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. She looked at the clock right as the door opened. There he stood with a shocked look on his face.

"Hi."

•••
Not Edited
Word count: 847

I had literally no idea how I was supposed to write this chapter so it turned out to be pretty short.

I feel like some of the episode were just filler ones so I'm not gonna do them all as I don't know how to fit Haylee into them, so the next chapters are gonna focus on Haylee and more of her back story and her relationships with the others.

Oh, and you guys have no idea about how I have planned out the ships to happen😏

-Lucbae