Cellmates

I sat in the room floating in the water occasionally coming up for a quick breath of air. Water shot up out of the tank.

"RRRRRRROOOOW"

I jumped as one could in a tank of water, what was that, I thought to myself.

"Be careful next time." growled a female voice.

"Who are you...where are you?"

"Behind you" she responded

I turned around and saw a woman not much older than myself laying in a cage next to her's arms across another. She wore a similar band around her waist and had a a pair of shorts each designed with tiger stripes and they blended perfectly with her skin she had wild black hair with random orange streaks.
"Say hello to the place where your going to be for a long time." She said admiring her claws.

"What are these people doing?" I pleaded
"Keeping you like a 'pet'" she said using air quotes, "They treat you like animals but they are the real animals"

"Why?!" I said tears floating through the water.

"Can you shut up!" The woman said almost screaming the last words. That was like a stab to my heart and I slowly turned away.
"Don't let her get to you." Said a second voice I jumped and it responded "Up here." I looked seeing two pink hooves looking down at me.
"Hope is new here to and is pretty ticked off about it." The hooves swayed to reveal a small boy with an upturned nose.
"My names Petey what's yours?"
"Melony"
"Nice to meet you!" He said reaching a hand to me I tried to shake it but he was too far, "Not that anyone deserves to be here."
"But it everything goes well tonight no one will be here."