Chapter Twenty Three: Red and Roses.

- Alex's P.O.V - - - - - - - - - -

"So.. How do I look?," Zen asked shyly, all of our heads snapping up to meet her flushed face.

I smiled, just as everyone else in the room at her. Especially with Payton in tow as she nodded at Zendaya," I did a great job, didnt I?," she grinned, blowing at her fingertips as she brushed her shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at the girl, seeing as the whole room seemed stuck in my cousin's presence. Well, most of them anyway.

"Your perfect," Lewis smiled, walking up to her as my cousin blushed even more, making her really match the red dress she wore.

"Thanks," she murmured, her green eyes falling over at us, and no, I did not miss the look on her face when her eyes landed on me.

I growled, folding my arms," Shut up, Zen." Just as she covered her mouth to muffle a snicker.

I already knew what she was thinking, and no, I wasnt happy about it. Payton had shoved me into a dress and I surely was going to kill her for it later.

Seriously though.

When Payton threatens you, she really will do it.

Which scares me. Who really knows what that girl is down to do. Does she even have limits?

"Why?," Zen grinned, dropping her hand as she leaned more into Lewis," You look-"

"Dont you dare say it," I warned, shooting her a look as she just giggled even more, with everyone else included.

"Girly," she said quickly, sticking her tongue out at me just as I narrowed my eyes at her.

Which then resulted with me chasing Zendaya around the house, but you could hardly call it chasing when we could barely walk with the heels that Payton put us in.

"I am not girly!"

- - -

"Yeah, is there anyplace I could ditch to?," I leaned over to Laura, trying to talk to her over the music.

The party had started a while ago, and like planned, Lewis had sneaked the birthday girl away to who knows where. And, I wouldn't have been so bored if it wasnt for the fact that I felt like I was bugging Laura and Jordan.

Summer was long drunk and I didnt even know where the hell she went to. Payton left with that Kyle guy right when the party started, and I was currently standing awkwardly beside Laura and Jordan, who seemed to be having a.. conversation.

I would have joined, but their conversation consisted of nonstop flirting and occasional carressing, which was kind of freaking me out, because it was the first time they actually touched each other since the marking. And, im not too sure if I saw Chase here a while ago.

Then, again. I could be trying to freak myself out.

I wasnt exactly comfortable either because this dress I was wearing was practically showing off my ass. And, the fact that a guy had tried to pick me up earlier, made me really want to change back into my jeans and burn this dress.

"What'd you say?," Laura screamed back, leaning close enough for me to reply.

"Where can I ditch?," I asked, hoping for just a bit of piece and quiet.

The music was so loud, I seriously thought my ears were going to bleed anytime soon.

"Oh! Yeah. There's some type of meadow near the packhouse in the woods. By the borderline. Its not too far, but its far enough," She told me, smiling as she handed me a cup.