Chapter Eight: I Wish.

- Zendaya's P.O.V. - - - - - - - - - -

"What happened?," Payton asked groggily as she sat up from my bed.

I decided to skip the rest of school, ill make up for it later. Luckily, most of the adults were in a meeting so I dragged Payton up to my room. And by dragged, im not kidding.

"You fainted ," I said simply, watching her reaction carefully. I crossed my fingers hoping she had forgotten or really bumped her head hard.

She rubbed her temples and let out some sort of sound, a mixture of a sigh and a groan. "Ahhh, fucking hell. This is worst than a hangover," she cried, she faceplanted my pillow.

It took her a few minutes until she shot up from my bed. "Holy fuck!,"she exclaimed, looking at me.

I suddenly felt my breath pick up, my heart beginning to beat at an unhumanly pace. Her eyes bore into mine, wider than usual ," Lewis is your mate."

I was going to deny it when she broke into laughter," Oh my god. I sound crazy. My head really hurts. Im hallucinating!"

I cant even explain the relief I felt and laughed along with her, hoping my nervousness wasnt noticable.

After she calmned down, she smiled at me ," Sorry. I mean, its obvious Chase is your mate and I cant be-"

I didnt even let her finish, I was taken by surprise and immediately I spluttered out," Chase is my mate?!"

She looked at me confused and asked ," Isnt he not? I thought you guys mated."

To say I was taken-aback was an understatement. Chase. My mate? Uh-uh. No. Friends? Thats all there is.

"No. Were not. Chase and I are just friends. Nothing more and nothing less. And dont you think if we have mated I would be marked? ," I told her.

Her mouth opened then closed as her eyes dropped to my neck.which was bare with no mark. She flushed and fumbled with my blanket ," Oh.. My bad ," she smiled sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, but my shock with what she said still bugged me. Mostly because my wolf loathed the idea. She didnt hate Chase, she just didnt like the idea of being with him. Of course, its because I met Lewis.

The other part because I remember at one point in Chase and our relationship, I used to crush on him. But it was immediately gone because he was like a big brother to me. And the idea of dating someone like a brother to you is just.. Ew.

"Just go to sleep. You should be happy I took you out of class for the rest of the day and dragged you here. You owe me, by the way ," I told her, rising from the bed and grabbing my running shoes. A run sounds good right now..

She smiled and fell back into my bed ," You know I love you, right?"

I gave her a flat look, but I knew she did. I knew her since 5th grade. Most of those years, I was in Luna Academy though. But she always called every Friday to catch up.

She rolled her eyes, but laughed ," Okay, okay. I'll.. Um.. Help make you look sexy for tonight." She smiled brightly.

"Tonight?," I asked confused and a little scared as she smiled too happily at me.

"Yeah. We've been invited to a party. Plus, my.. Uhm. I think hes my boyfriend? Well, yeah, he wants to meet my best friend so.. Yeah. Your going," she shrugged, but it was obvious her tone was said with no room for denial.