The Flare

The army came back , victorious. Soldiers chanting Elena's name, villagers hailing her.

Yet amongst the commanders of the round table , the flow was disturbed. They told Elena what happened, but even then she couldn't understand. Nor could anyone

she called for him in the throne room. to ask for an explanation

" my queen, you asked for me?"

"Yes, Damien, i wanted to hear from you what happened at the fight"

"It's as you've been told your majesty.i shielded you against the forbidden technique. took your helmet and spear and defeated the varmens in your name. As you said, a message had to be sent"

" As simple as that? how did you use my weapon? how did you survive that hit with enough energy to defeat an entire army?"

She was confused, she knew he hid something, but it's not the how that really troubled her as much as the what ifs. She felt she knew nothing about this man. She also felt like she owes him alot. She owed him her life to begin with.

He called forth his weapon, making her nervous.

He walked towards her.

"Damien Stop where you are, this is close enough"

He ignored her words, and walked, like a dead man, she got off her throne and called forth her Agnet spear as well . She couldn't understand his hostile intentions, but she wouldn't scream for help, she tried to keep the spear between them. Yet she wished not to harm him, after all, he saved her life and the kingdom, why would he try to harm her now.

''Damien stop"

she kept saying and ordering. Until her back hit the wall. There was no where else to go.

Yet he kept taking his lingering hesitant steps towards her.

She aimed her spear at his heart. Confused and enraged, yet she felt pain and anxiety, lest she'd have to fight the man to whom she owes her life and the kingdom's. Her kind heart wished not for a fight.

It was not his intention either, once the spear was the only gap between them, he disarmed himself, and held the spear's blade.

He leaned on it, forcing it to piece his heart.

Her heart stopped.

He kept walking. She knew not of the extent of his curse.

She could barely breath, let alone understand what's happening.

She looked him in the eye, as it was the only thing she could do.

His hand moved gently to her neck, pulling her close to him, his thumb over her rose cheeks.

His eyes demanding yet comforting. His lips asking for warmth. Her entire body stopped at his touch. He gently pressed his lips on hers,melting every wall that ever existed on her heart. Slowly, he gave in to the kiss as well. Feeling power leaving both their bodies. His hands slid slightly over her white skin to stroke her stray curly hair behind her ear.

Enslaved, he pushed the kiss even further, stopping the flow of time . She collected all power she had, placed her hands on his chest and started to push him, fairly weakly away. Yet he gave in to her touch and responded, reluctantly sliding his lips away from hers. Once away, he started to walk back, facing her. She breathed heavily, he as if not at all.

Her eyes demanded an answer but his eyes possessed none. With the eyes of a sinner who stole glimpses of heaven, he looked down.

He took off his armor, revealing hundreds of scars on his chest, her spear's on top of others. Yet they all seemed to be superficial, as if his skin was merely painted.

He knelt down  on a knee,clenched both hands into fists and placed them on the ground, bowing.

"This is my curse, my queen. Curse of the undying. I can't be killed in a battle. That's how i protected you, and that's how i defeated the varmens an the southerns."

He dared not raise his eyes to look her. Despite the curse, his heart seemed not to recover from the moral pain of touching her heavenly beauty, his heart throbbed, faster each second.

'' Let me be your sword and sheath, my queen".

He paused.

"Please", he added, more pleading than requesting.

With wavering voice she called " Dis-mi-ssed"

She said a tear left her eye, and he left the room. A tear he couldn't see. A tear for which, they cursed their own selves.