New Students

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP

I swung my arm over to my alarm clock. I looked at the clock then at the calendar above it, today's the day, back to school.

Today is the first day of school. I really don't understand the point of going; it's just going to be pointless like the last 11 years. We've learned the same thing in science since 5th grade. Math is still just 2+2=4. English is shorting out, (lol, ttyl, omg, etc.) so why do we still have to learn it? P.E. stands for "Pointless Exercise." The only good part of the day is lunch. You can just sit and eat, no homework, no tests, and no rules.

I sighed, realizing that I can't miss the first day of school or the principle will come to my house to check on me...again. The teachers know that my mom is never home and I don't live with my dad and last year, I missed a week of school because I was trying to finish the boss level in a Mario game. I know-I'm pathetic. Anyway, he knocked on the door and, not thinking, I answered it. Lucky for me, he actually believed I was sick. My mom found out and now I can't miss any more days of school unless I'm dying.

I got dressed into a neon green shirt and ripped, black skinny jeans. I brushed my hair and put my converse on and walked down stairs.

My mom and I moved here about a year or two ago. I've met a lot of people but the best person I've met has to be Shyanne. She had icy blue eyes that can be soothing or intimidating. Her hair is a caramel brown with blonde highlights. She's introduced me to everyone I know now and she's helped me catch up with my classes when I first moved here.

I looked at the time, 6:34. School starts at 8:00 and it takes me 45 minutes to get there. I sighed again. Why do I have to go? I grabbed my bag which was over flowing with seven million sheets of paper-even though I already have a notebook. I grabbed my keys, locked the door, and started walking down the block.

I'm 15-years-old and a sophomore. I live in Paris-Paris, Illinois that is. According to Shyanne, in Paris High School, we barely get new students. She was surprised when I showed up. She explained that the last person who moved into the town and went to the same school as her was Kyle Peterson in 7th grade, but he left later in the year. My friend, Hannah, said the reason behind it is that the houses around here aren't cheap. Plus the winters are "too cold," it's Illinois, we're going to get snow-deal with it!

I seen the large brick building just up ahead. On the school's tan paint, 15 silver letters spelled out: "PARIS HIGH SCHOOL" on the largest wall on the outside of the school. The American Flag flew with the wind, while never leaving its spot. Teens through ages 14-18 talked about their summer experiences. Teachers rushed past students to get to their class rooms before their students do. The cheerleaders practiced cheers, jocks passed a football back and forth, geeks and nerds discussing about books they read over the summer, and the dorks...they're coming for me.

"(Y/N)!" Shyanne screamed as she grabbed my waist a picked me up off the ground, hugging me. Korban, Rowan, and Chirs followed, doing the same thing. They're all taller and stronger than me, so I was basically a puppy in our small group of friends. Shyanne's the leader; we all listen to her. Korban is the muscle. Rowan's the troublemaker. Chirs is the flirt, even if he has a girlfriend. He flirts with Shyanne and me but we all know that we'd never date; we're too close of friends. They say I'm the funny one.

"Hey!" I yelled after they put me down. "Anything new?"

"I grew a few more inches." Korban said. He's the tallest out of all of us and he picks on me because I'm the shortest. It's a frenemie thing.

"Yeah, anything important?" I asked.

"I'm single now." Chris said.

"What happened?" I asked

"She got jealous again." He replied. His ex-girlfriend, Alexis, and Chirs have this on-and-off relationship. When I said he was a flirt, I mean he just goes around and complements everything everyone does, she over reacts.

"Oh. How about you Rowan?" I asked pointing to him.

"I'm on the football team." He explained.

"You do know that you have to have good grades and behavior to stay on the team right?" Shyanne asked. I laughed a bit.

"Shyanne, cut him some slack. We're sophomores now, he might finally realize that it's time to grow up and become a mature adult." I said. We all started laughing.

"Yeah, right." Rowan said in between laughs. After we all calmed down, he continued, "I know but, I rearranged something with the nerds. Basically they do my homework and I'll keep the basketball players off their back."

"How about you?" Chirs asked, looking at me.

"I got a few new games and stayed with my grandma most of the summer, so nothing big." I explained. "How was Ohio?" I asked looking at Shyanne-she went to Ohio for almost the whole summer because her aunt needed help while her uncle was on a business trip. She wasn't paying attention, "Shyanne!" I yelled and she would look at me.

"What are you looking at?" Korban asked. We all looked in the direction she was looking in.

"Who are they?" She said pointing to a group of people that I've never seen before.

One was Asian, he had black hair and was wearing a red hoodie with an owl on the front.

Next to him was another guy with curly, brownish-red hair, he wore glasses and had a shirt with a tuxedo design on it.

Then I seen a really tall person wearing a green shirt and had dark chocolate hair. A black guy with afro fade hair was talking to him, he looked mad. The shortest one was laughing at the both of them-he had black hair and wore a red jacket and a white shirt that had a monkey smoking a cigar. Someone put their arm around him; he had light brown hair, a pink shirt, and socks and sandals-what are those?

Behind the Asian was two guys. One had a buzz cut and wore a lot of blue. Next to him was a guy with brown hair with a bit of red.

Out of nowhere, another tall guy and two average sized guys started throwing there arms in the air like they were trying to tell someone they needed help. The tall one had light brown hair, wore glasses, and had a shirt that had a pick cat with a mohawk and said "WILDCAT." One of the other boys had a tie-die sun-set shirt and dark brown hair. The other on had Kermit the Frog drinking tea and it says "But that none of my business."

"I don't know." Kordan, Chirs, and I said at the same time.

"Oh, some of them are on the football team. They're new students here." Rowan said.

New Students...