Your Choice

Rowan, Chris, and Korban decided to get on all of our bad sides and blame us for Shy. No one really beloved them, but I refuse to let them in my house now. I haven't talk to them for two weeks and I still don't feel like talking to them. I guess our friendship wasn't as strong as I thought.

One day, after the guys got out of school, something came to my mind. I don't know why I didn't ask before but it never really came to mind.

"Who were you guys fighting over?" I asked.

Silence. They exchanged some glances but no one looked at me and none of them really had a certain emotion. About five minutes passed by and they think I was going to just drop the subject.

"Did I fucking stutter?" I said.

Brock kind of flinched when he realized I didn't just let it go. Evan was the one who spoke up though.

"Look," He sighed, "there's really no point in knowing who we w-"

"What do you mean there's no point in telling me?" I shouted, "I don't know if you guys noticed, but I fucking lost my best friends over this person and I don't even kn-"

"It was Shy!" Arlan screamed and balled up his body, causing him to roll off the toy box, "We were being selfish and stupid and when we learned that we all liked her, we took it too far!"

The room fell silent again. All you could hear was Arlan crying on the floor and everyone else slowly joining in with quite sobs.

I wasn't exactly mad nor was I surprised, but I just didn't understand how they all automatically started to like her after a few days of knowing her. Rowan, Chris, and Korban always had a crush on her and it was obvious, but Arlan and them didn't even really get a chance to know her. Is that....love? Shy never really hid her body, but I know these guys, they wouldn't like a girl just for her body.

I wanted to ask, I really did, but that would start a fight because they may not even know. But at that point and time, I didn't care, "How?"

They looked at me. "How what?" Tyler asked.

"Anyone with eyes could see that Korban, Rowan, and Chris all had a thing for her since they got to know her," I said, "but the rest of you only knew her for a week. How can you be so sure you liked her?"

They all looked straight. Not at anyone or anything.

"She was just so....light." Jonathan spoke up, "She was easy going. Nothing really got in her way and if something did, she'd move it."

I bit my lip and shook my head, "You're lying."

They all looked at me, "What?"

"Shy didn't act like that." I said, "Everything would get in her way and she'd find a way around it. She would never change anything because she knew better."

I saw Brian bite his tongue out of the corner of my eye. I tuned to Marcel and he was playing with his thumbs.

"Who was it?" I asked looking around.

Brock whispered something in the corner but I didn't hear him. I looked at him and he was tracing hearts on my wall, avoiding eye contact. "What was that Brock?"

He took his finger away from the wall and glanced at me, "You." He said loudly and clearly.

"Me?" I asked but soon fell silent.

"Yeah, you." Marcel said.

I felt my face start to heat up.

"It was just the fact that you didn't care if you looked stupid. You just wanted to make people happy." Lui said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"And we knew you cared because you would always put Shy before you." Evan joined in.

"And you weren't like other girls where you'd complain about you body or not being able to do this or that. You were thankful for what you had and didn't care if other people didn't like it because you did." Brian added.

That really didn't help my blush.

"And you weren't confusing, Y/n." Craig started, "You had a different attitude everyday, but there was always a reason, and you would never try and hide it."

I bit my lip. I honestly didn't know what to say.

"A you were always standing for yourself." Luke said, "If you thought something was wrong, you made sure it was right."

It was silent in the room and everyone awkwardly shifted eyes to one another, waiting for someone to say something.

I opened my mouth, but my doorknob juggled. Jonathan got out of the way so it could open to revel my mom.

"Hey boys," she said, "Y/n needs to do some chores so you guys need to go home early. Sorry."

They nodded and got up. I did to and she walked away from the door. I was going to say bye to all of them, but one by one they each gave me a kiss on the cheek before they walked out. I giggled and blushed at how they each had a different feel.

Lui's was confident; he was the one to start it.

Tyler's was meaningful; he wanted to make sure it lasted and I remembered.

Evan's was quick and simple, but effective.

Luke's was sweet; he grabbed my waist to make sure I was ready for it.

Daithi's was beautiful and breath taking; it was hard to describe but easy to recreate if you tried.

Arlan's was shy but cute and simple.

Jonathan's was playful, but it was obvious he meant it.

Craig's was protective; he pulled me really close before he kissed me.

Marcel's was passionate; you could tell he wanted to do it before.

Brian's seemed more on the lustful side; it was very close to my lips and long, but sweet and gentle.

Brock's was scared; he seemed hesitant but once he did it he loosened up a little.

After they all left, I grabbed my cheek and sighed, "What am I going to do?"

I shook my head and tried to keep my mind on cleaning the house. I went down stairs, waved at Mom as she left for work, and started to clean.

~

After two hours of cleaning, I sat on the couch and brought up my choices again.

"FUCK!" I screamed because I couldn't choose. I pulled out my phone and was about o text him when I stopped.

Ever since Shy left, I've turned to him for help more than the others. He took me seriously and always knew what to say. I smiled, because now I knew who to choose.

I stood up, grabbed a coat and my keys, and headed out the door.

~

I checked the time on my phone before I knocked on the door. I heard a dog bark and then footsteps. To my luck, he was the one to open the door.

"Y/n?" He said and walked out of his house and onto the porch, "What are you doing here?"

I smiled and hugged him, "I like you." I looked into his eyes and said, "I choose you."