You'll See

I woke up to the sound of someone banging on my door and my mom yelling at me to answer it. I looked at my alarm clock that never went off and wouldn't go off until 7:00 a.m.; It's 5:04 a.m.

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. The person kept hitting the door, each one louder than the other. I lazily walked down the stairs, as slow as I could, and went to the door. I unlocked it and opened it.

Shyanne stood there, "(Y/n), I need to talk to you."

She was clearly ready for school and fully awake. She was wearing a pink shirt with a long white skirt.

"Shyanne, it's five in the morning!" I shouted, "What could possibly be that important?"

She gave me a stern look, "There's a war and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with us."

It started getting really cold, so I moved so she could come in. I closed the door and looked at her, "Us? It could be my fault, but this has nothing to do with you."

"Yeah I know but think about it."

"About what?"

"Why do you think they didn't tell you who Johnathan liked?" She said, "It could be either of us!"

I stared at her with an are-you-stupid look and said, "Okay that literally makes no sense."

She rolled her eyes, "(Y/n), if they like you, they clearly weren't going to tell you. If they like me, they wouldn't have to told you because they probably thought you would tell me."

"Or it's neither of us." I said, "Shyanne, I never asked them who they were fighting about."

"But-"

"But nothing, Shy." I said, "I  think you like them too much."

"Like them to- What?" She said getting confused.

"They never told me who they liked, so there is no way of knowing who they're fighting over." I said, "You only think they like you because you like them, but I don't know."

"(Y/n), I think I'm right." She said.

"And you might be, but there's no way in telling."

It took her a moment to respond, but she nodded, "You're right."

"Plus, if it is you, I'll be at the wedding."

She laughed, "Can I eat something? I thought of that idea and had to come over and ask, so I got dressed and left. I didn't eat supper either."

I motioned to the kitchen, "Go knock yourself out. I'm gonna go get dressed."

She nodded and went to the kitchen. I got dressed into a pair of black jeans and an green, over sized sweatshirt. I ran back down stairs and ate with Shyanne. We didn't want to stick around the house all morning, nor did we want to go to school at 5:30, so we went to the park down the street from the school.

The park closer to my house is more for older kids; It doesn't have playground equipment. However, the park closer to the high school has so many slides, swing sets, and monkey bars, it's hard to keep up.

School doesn't start til 8:00, but we decided to walk there at 7:30. However, when we got there, I wished I never left my bed.

Everyone was already there. EVERYONE. Freshmen; Sophomores; Juniors; Seniors; Cheerleaders; Jocks; Goths; Bloggers; Nerds; Geeks; Dorks were just screaming at each other.

It was worst than I expected. The regular groups weren't in their groups. For example, half of the cheerleaders were on one side and the other half were on the other. Shyanne and I looked at each other, then ran to the mobs.