Hope You're Happy

VERY SENSITIVE TOPICS! READ WITH CAUTION!

It's been three weeks and things are getting worst; There's always a fight in the hallway; We fight ourselves more then the other school at games; People even started putting water bottle bombs into other people's cars!

I was done. I stopped all contact with everyone except Shyanne, and it's really killing the both of us. We're the only ones who haven't chose a side yet and everyone is pressuring us into doing it.

All I really want to do is leave. Every. Single. Fucking. Day is the same and I hate it. And the worst part is: It's my fault.

"Y/n!" Shy yelled in my ear making me snap back to reality.

I turned to her, "Sorry..."

She nodded. She knew I hated all of this and that I blamed myself.

I closed my locker and we walked to the cafeteria. Blue on one side, red on the other. Rowan was eyeballing us, making me fell uncomfortable, but I just grabbed my lunch and Shy and I sat at the lunch table that used to be my favorite place.

I glanced at Rowan again and he was headed this way.

It's sad because we've been friends for eight years, and now, just because he wears a red shirt, I'm terrified to know what he's going to say and/or do.

"Why don't we talk anymore?" He asked as he sat down.

I didn't say anything. Not because I didn't want, but because I didn't know how to respond. 'Oh sorry, this war thing that I created has gotten out of hand, so I'm scared to talk to you.'

Instead, I looked at him with a you-know-why look.

He sighed.

"Look, I know it's gotten out of hand recently, but-"

"But what Rowan?" I said and stood up, "It's all gotten out of hand, period! I don't even know what you guys are fighting over anymore!"

By now, everyone was looking at me, and for the first time ever, I was happy to have everyone's attention so they would listen.

"As far as I remember, it was about a person. I don't know who that person is, but if they can ruin a friendship like yours and mine Rowan-one that's lasted for eight fucking years-then that person isn't worth it!"

No one talked, but I seen people look at their used-to-be friends. I even saw Jonathan and Evan glance at each other.

Shyanne stood up too with tear threatening to fall.

She looked at everyone who was looking at someone one the other side.

"You really think standing and staring at them is going to help?" She yelled.

There was a long silence, but then Hannah, who was on the red side, and Kate, who was on the blue side, ran to each, crying. After they did that, other followed.

The cafeteria was basically full of crying, hugging and apologizes.

"Y/n!" Someone shouted my name.

I looked around but I didn't see anyone looking at me.

"Y/n!" They yelled louder.