||five||

C h a p t e r   F i v e

Troye simply continued knocking, expecting me to open the door. I held my back against the door, giving myself a facepalm at how fucking terrible I look. What was he even doing here? It was a Wednesday, didn't he have football practice?

Slowly twisting the doorknob, I stuck my head out, looking as Troye gave me a confused look, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and his eyes wide.

"Just give me five minutes," I said to him, watching his lips part to object, but before he had the chance to, I slammed the door in his face.

This time, he didn't knock.

I rushed up the stairs, thoughts about how painful my period cramps are suddenly vanishing in my mind. I grabbed a comb from my vanity, before pulling my waste basket towards me, picking up the countless of used tissues all over the floor and throwing them into the basket with one hand, and combing through my tangled hair with the other.

When I was done, I went into the washroom and brushed my teeth, before splashing my face with cold water.

If I wasn't fully awake before, I sure as hell was fully awake now.

I ran to my full-length mirror, seeing myself. My eyes widened when I realized I had no pants on, oh my god. Troye had seen me like this.

This is beyond embarrassing. What is up with me and embarrassing myself in front of him? God.

Should I just explain to him that girls don't wear pants during periods because it's a bloody pain in the ass to keep having to change your pads or tampons and constantly having to take your pants off for that? No, that would be weird. I shouldn't even be mentioning periods to a guy I intend on seducing.

I hurriedly grabbed a pair of sweatpants before tugging them on, applying day cream on my face before giving myself and my bedroom a once over. Nodding in approval, I rushed down the stairs and opened the door, leaning my hand up against the door frame, tilting my head to the side and giving him a sexy smile.

Oh, god. What was I doing? I can't do this sober, I need alcohol for this.

I ignored that thought and motioned for him to come inside. He carefully trailed behind me, his eyes scanning my house.

When I entered my bedroom, I finally asked him the question that had been bothering me ever since he got here. "Okay, Troye. What on earth are you doing here?" I voiced out, my eyebrows raised as I plopped onto my bed.

Troye stood at my door frame, looking hesitant to enter. "Well, this is a female's bedroom.. Isn't it a little bit too intimate?"

I literally choked on my spit, coughing violently in an attempt to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling in my throat. I patted my own back, realizing I was currently having a coughing fit in front of a guy I was supposed to look sexy for. I tried to stop, I swear. But I just fucking can't. My body was bent forward as I coughed violently, praying to god that this would stop soon.

Thankfully, it did.

I slowly lifted my gaze to meet his, my cheeks flushed from the coughing fit I just had and also from the immense amount of embarrassment that I was currently feeling.

In an attempt to look cool and unaffected by my sudden coughing, I coolly said, "I mean here. In my house, not standing on my door frame afraid to enter just because I sleep here at night," I rolled my eyes.

Troye just stood there and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, his cheeks the slightest tinge of pink. "Uh,  I realized that you weren't here in lunch today, so I figured out that you probably weren't feeling well.." Troye started, his fingers playing with the hem of his t-shirt. "I checked your schedule with the office and got all the homework and work that you've missed in class today." He entered the room, waving the stack of papers in front of my face before dropping them on the space next to me on my bed.