||six||

C h a p t e r  S i x

I woke up when I finally felt like I couldn't breathe. Gasping for air, I pushed myself out of the water, my lungs greedy for oxygen. I opened my eyes, seeing the water all around me, surrounding every inch of my body and tickling the middle of my neck where it was outside the water.

When I saw more light than usual seep through the windows of my bathroom, I immediately knew that I was going to be late. There's a possibility of me making it in time, but that possibility was limited.

I jumped out of the water, looking at the clock on my way out of the washroom. Great, I had about nine minutes to get my ass to school.

I ran to the closet, got dressed with whatever that I could find. I literally took out a random top from my closet, and pulled it over my head, tugging it on as fast as I can while running, grabbing my bag with my other hand. I ran down the stairs, my feet stumbling slightly when I tripped on the last step of the stairs, but being the ninja I was, I recovered quickly. Going to the kitchen to grab an apple, my fingers frantically groping the fruit basket in my refrigerator in an attempt to feel the familiar rough surface of an apple.

When I didn't feel any apples, I cursed. Loudly. Before slamming the fridge door and running out the front door in record time.

I ran to school, my long legs pushing against the ground and stretching as far as they can, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I went as fast as I can, occasionally bumping into people on the streets who would give me weird looks, probably at how messy my face was or how I had my foundation in one hand, trying to do my makeup while I ran.

I succeeded, somehow. Regardless I look like absolute shit, not that I would know of since I had no mirrors but I at least managed to get foundation on, covering the freckles that littered my face.

When I could finally  see the familiar building in the distance, it seemed almost like it was taunting me. Can you make it to school in time, Virginia? All while avoiding Troye even though you have Physics today?

I scowled at the school, running inside to see students heading to class, with their books all ready in their hands. I looked at my hands which was currently occupied with foundation and lipsticks, before shoving them in my bag and pushing through the teenagers to get to my locker.

I decided that I had no time to shove the books and papers in my bag, so I held it in my hands while I slammed the door to my locker shut. I clumsily ran, trying to not waste time as much as it was possible. I ran, and ran, and ran into someone, sending my papers flying everywhere.

Great, is this where I look up and see the love of my life?

I pushed that sarcastic comment to the back of my head, opting to say nothing but apologize. As I muttered my apology- or lack thereof- I bent down to pick my papers up.

My attacker, or should I say victim, did the same thing as me, bending down to help me pick my books up. I watched as the hands of my victim help stack my papers and books together much faster than I can.

Now where have I seen those hands before..?

"You know, you're wearing your shirt the wrong way," I heard a familiar voice coming from my victim. I scowled, realizing that all I wanted to do today was to avoid Troye, but here he was, running into me.

Okay fine, maybe I was the one running into him. But whatever, right? Same thing here.

Realization of what he had said sunk in, as I looked at my top that was currently being worn the opposite way that it should be.