2.7

REASONS WHY I CANT TRUST YOU [anymore]

1. You always said 'I love you', tossing the word around carelessly, like it meant the world to you--it meant nothing coming out of your mouth. Something I learned the hard way.

2. You never told the truth. We'd hang out and suddenly it would be a flurry of excuses; sorry, I'm busy today I forgot; sorry, I have to go somewhere; sorry, someone needs me; sorry, sorry, sorry. Now I would've believed every lie slipping out of your mouth, if not for the fact that I caught you with her at the park. You'd always complained that you hated the park. You said I was the only one for you. You said there was nobody else. Lies, all lies.

3. You broke every promise you ever made to me. Should we go over them again? 'I swear I'll never leave you' 'I promise I'll love you forever' 'I'll be back soon, promise' 'I pinky promise that I won't tell anyone' These are but a few of the many promises you broke. Did you not understand? My trust and promises go hand in hand.

4. You always forgot to call. Now that I know you always left to be with her, I can see more cracks in our 'perfect relationship' revealed. I'd ask you to call me back when you weren't busy each time I got cut off in a call. (Many, many times now that I think about it) And you'd say, sure, hang up, and never call.

5. It was a bet. Everything you ever said or did to win that stupid bet, it worked. I fell in love with you, hard. And I can't tell you now how much it hurt. My friends warned me. But I defended you. 'He'd never do that' I'd say. But in reality you would, without a second doubt.

So maybe I only have five reasons why I can't trust you anymore--but they're rather good ones, aren't they? Congratulations, you won. I hate myself, I hate that I fell for you, and I pity any girl that comes your way. Nobody deserves the kind of person you are. I sound like a bitter jealous ex, I'll admit. But I've learned my lesson. I'll never trust you again.