An odd catch

Jack felt the blood leave his face as he looked at these strangers who knew his name. He was all alone in this shop with a bunch of people who knew his name. It was dark out and Pitch had probably already headed home, what was he going to do? Suddenly the Russian Santa man gave a boisterous laugh that shook his entire body. 

"See? I told you that would scare him, did I not?" Jack felt like he was on the wrong side of a bad joke. The pro wrestler looking dude snorted in amusement and walked towards him.  

"Alright then Jack, You can call me bunnymund. It's mah last name and I dont like you well enough to tell you my first name. Now I have to go, I don't have time to greet every person who walks in the store." The man, Bunnymund continued grumbling as he pushed the doors open and walked out of the cafe. Jack stared at the people in front of him in amazement. They really weren't going to kill him like in some B-rated scary movie? He felt like falling to his knees in relief, but that still left one problem. 

"How did you all know my name?" He was surprised that his voice wasn't wavering. They had managed to scare him pretty good for the employees of a Christmas themed cafe. 

"Ah, well on night at the lucky nights St. Patricks bar, I met a fellow named Loki who talks quite a lot when he drinks." Jack face palmed. Of course Loki would have been the one to tell complete strangers all about him. 

"Loki and me became great friends. We still drink together every now and then, but anyway he brought you up in a conversation at the beginning of his senior year. Said you were his new roommate and even showed me a picture which is how I knew it was you yesterday. He fast walked over to the front registers and plucked a picture off of the board.  

"He even gave a picture to me to put on our picture board." The man handed Jack a picture. It was a picture of Jack asleep on his bed in the dorm, which he wasn't even sure when Loki took. The picture was plucked from his hands and stuck back onto the board before he could do anything about it.  

"Oh yes and since you are here I can guess that you want the job, yes?" Jack nodded and looked to the other in the room, were these to be his competition or something? The Santa man noticed where he was looking and laughed once more. 

"Oh let me introduce you! I am Nicholas North, but you can just call me North. That beautiful woman over there." He pointed to the feather lady, who blushed and waved, 

"Is my wife Toothiana, and that big lug over there is Phil." The giant man who looked like he could snap Jack in half sent him a particularly nasty look. North saw this and smiled. 

"Don't worry about him, he couldn't hurt a fly!" At that moment Phil thought it best to smack a fly who had happened to fly to close to him. All of a sudden this job was looking less and less like a good idea. 

"The bunny rabbit who hopped out of here earlier is our chef, but don't call him Bunny, he doesn't seem to like it." Jack nodded slowly, was everyone in this town weird or was it just these two shops? 

"And if you would like, you could work here too." Just like Pitch, North pulled a paper out of seemingly no where and handed it to Jack.  

"You would get minimum wage, $7.25 an hour and you would work from 9pm to 3am every day except Sunday." Jack was about to ask for a pen but was stopped when North pulled one out of the front of his red apron and handed it to him. Jack put the paper on a nearby table and was about to sign it when North stopped him. 

"There is one more thing. No employee of The Christmas cafe can ever, under any circumstances, enter the All Hallows coffee shop." North's voice had taken on a tone that was eerily similar to Pitch's when he was talking about the 'baked goods' that Jack would have to make. Jack felt a knot of dread build up in his stomach. 

"Why can't they go there?" North's eyes seemed to flash red at the question, but Jack figured it must have been the reflection of one of the Christmas lights in the room.  

"Why? You ask why? Everyone who works there is scum! The Black family is nothing but thieving scum!" North had began shouting and Toothiana stepped forward to calm him down.  

"Well besides that, we would love to have you as an employee sweetheart." Toothiana had a mellow voice that made him think of mothers on cartoons. He briefly wondered if Tooth had any children. Jack looked down at the paper desperately. He needed both of the jobs if he was going to be able to pay off these loans, but if North found out he worked over there....Jack signed the paper, it was either this or be in horrible debt after college. How would he ever get the money for his own bakery if he was up to his ears in debt? 

"Well Jack I'm glad you are joining us. You will start tomorrow! We will see you then, yes?"  

"Yes sir." With his stomach feeling like lead, he exited the store and got in his car. Unaware that another pair of eyes watched him leave the store. The golden eyes narrowed and darkened to the point that they almost blended into the shadows around him. He would have to see what this was all about.

AN- This chapter is short because I'm going to have another one up by morning! Please review and tell me what you think. Even if you hate it I would still appreciate you telling me what I'm doing wrong! 

So please review! Also have I mentioned that the more reviews there are, the faster chapters get uploaded? Also I really hate introductions like the ones above, if you hadn't noticed. 

Thanks ArcherAzzure, Batgirl13, Charlie Moosefeather, Meercatwhisperer112, Lady Minuialwen, and zimpson11 for reviewing!