Accidents happen

Jack drove home that night warily. The feeling in his stomach still hadn't gone away even though he was miles away from both of the shops. His hands tightened on the steering wheel and he stepped down harder on the gas pedal. He needed to back to the dorms and talk to Loki, he would know more about this than he would. Jack didn't know what to do. He needed both jobs, and both bosses were scary. Heck Jack knew he could have just not signed that paper and ran out of that cafe before anyone could stop him. He unbuckled his seat belt, beginning to feel crowded in the small car. He didn't know why he was getting so worked up, the worst North could do was fire him if he found out. Jack felt a little better as he began to think about it. North seemed like a nice guy anyway, he would understand Jack's situation if he ever found out. That is if he ever found out. Jack wasn't planning on telling him any time soon. Jack felt his tense shoulders relax slightly and he came out of his thoughts, deciding to focus on the road rather than his problems. Jack looked ahead and screamed. Another car had veered over to his side of the road. Jack yanked the steering wheel as far over as he could and swerved off of the road and into a ditch. The sudden stop after going so fast down the road throwing him forward into the dash board of the car.  

The other car continued down the otherwise empty road, swerving from side to side and not bothering to check and see if the person he just ran off the road was alright. Jack groaned and pushed himself back into the seat. Black spots were dancing on the edge of his vision and he shook his head. He felt like everything was moving in slow motion, and a faint buzzing sound was making itself known. He opened the car door and let his legs out, he was becoming increasingly aware of a burning pain that was coming from his knee. Looking down he saw that red was splattered on knee and several pieces of glass had lodged themselves into his knee. The black spots were increasing in numbers and Jack felt the beginnings of panic set in. All previous worries behind him he grabbed his phone from the console of the car and dialed for Loki. Their college was only about a ten minute drive from the road they were on and Loki was usually home by this time of the night, he just hoped that he was back in the dorm now. 

On the third ring Loki picked up his phone. 

"Jack! Do you have any idea what time it is? You have class at six in the morning! I know you're a freshman and think you can take on anythi-" Loki would have gone on ranting like a worried sibling but Jack stopped him. 

"Loki, I need your help, there was an accident.." 

"ACCIDENT!" Loki shouted, despite how loud Loki had yelled, Jack could barely hear him. The buzzing had gotten louder and Jack was beginning to feel dizzy. 

"Where are you Jack?"  

"A little down Dawson's road.." 

"I'll be there as soon as I can, are you OK? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Jack nodded but then remembered that Loki couldn't see him. 

"I-I'm fine, just get here." Loki hung up and Jack put the phone down, he felt a headache forming and pressed his hands to his face. He massaged his temples but something was off.. He felt something on his hands, something warm and sticky. He pulled his hands back down and looked to see what had gotten on his hands. From under the car door light he could see what was on his hands as clear as day. His hands were covered in blood. 

Line break 

Loki hung up with Jack and pulled up another number. The receiver answered immediately. 

"Loki you idiot, is there a reason you're calling me this late?" The voice was irritated and sounded as if it had just woken up. 

"Pitch, I need a favor."  

"Favor? I did your father a favor by letting you work here for three years and now you want another favor!" Loki winced, this might not be as easy as he had hoped. 

"No this is an emergency. I need you to bring some..bakery ingredients up to Dawson's road. You're only about ten minutes away from there. Jack was in an accident. He sounded okay on the phone, but he's phoning me to come pick him up so he can't be to well and-" 

"ENOUGH! I'll be there in ten minutes. But this is the last favor your family will call upon from me." Loki let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding and ran to the parking lot. He needed to go and help Jack. 

Line break. 

Loki found the car and immediately felt uneasy. The car door was wide open and the front windshield was cracked even though the car wasn't rammed into anything. He stopped his car and got out without even taking the keys out of the ignition, he could see Pitch pulling up from Jack's side of the road and parking next to his car. Loki ran across the road and to the ajar door. The closer he got to the car the easier it was to see that a pair of legs were hanging vertically out of the open door. He had never felt more afraid than at that moment but he forced himself to look inside the car. 

Jack was laying vertically in the car. His back was against the console and his head was tilted back, and Loki could see that he had gravely underestimated the accident. Jack's face was covered in blood and his pants were painted with it. His face was cut up and a dark bruise was forming on the top of his head. A long gash was spread across his forehead and blood was seeping from it. 

"Oh god, Pitch you've got to help!" Pitch sprinted over, Loki's voice had held enough urgency for him to realize something was wrong.  

"You said you didn't think he was hurt! You idiot!" Pitch ran back to his car and grabbed a book. 

"I think there's a spell in here they'll work. That medicinal powder only helps small things you imbecile!" Pitch flipped through the book as fast as he could, hoping that no cars would come down the road and see them.  

"You've gotta help him, there's got to be- Oh my god he doesn't have a pulse!" Before Loki could start freaking out Pitch pushed him out of the way and pulled Jack from the car and onto the street. Pitch began to read from the battered old book. 

"Fœnerabis exaltábis PRAESTRICTUS luna tua lux et potentia. Fœnerabis lucem tuam et salva animam novam hanc ab se tenet mortis." A blue glow surrounded Jack's body and he floated upwards. Loki watched in awe as the glow covered Jacks body entirely. As sudden as it began an even brighter light shown from Jack and both Pitch and Loki had to throw their arms up to protect their eyes. A large gust of air came from seemingly no where and threw them both to the ground. When they opened their eyes again, Jack was laying in the street, the glow was gone and everything was dark. 

"That was not supposed to happen. It was a simple reanimation spell..." Pitch couldn't understand. His family had been involved with witch craft for generation, he had been learning his whole life, what had he done wrong? While Pitch was looking back at the spell, hoping to see where he had gone wrong Loki scrambled over to Jack. 

Jack was as still as a board. There was no sign of life coming from him at all. Loki collapsed next to him and felt for a pul- Jack shot up and gasped for breath, nearly choking on it as he greedily gulped it in. Loki started to cry in relief, Jack was alive. Pitch looked on curiously, why had it taken so long to work?  

"What happened?" Jack coughed as he tried to speak, his voice was coarse and sore. Jack was considerably pale, but Loki figured that it was because of how much blood he had lost. Loki grabbed Jack into a hug and was surprised how cold he was. Shivering Loki looked up at his roommates face and was about to respond, when he saw Jack's eyes. The once dark brown eyes were now a vibrant blue.

AN- Bet ya' didn't expect that. Told you I had some ideas. If you didn't catch the drift of what was going on, Loki knows Pitch as more than a boss (But not a 'relationship') and The family coffee shop/Bakery is really a cover up for the family business; Witchcraft. You can only imagine what North and Pitch's feud is over, now. Please review :D (Also the actual battle of the coffee shops will commence in less than two chapters. I just happened to level the playing field for Jack in this chapter.