Chapter 1

* A/N: The song linked above gave me the idea for this chapter. Check it out if you wish as the artist is an amazing singer. Enjoy <3 *

Stiles:

"I've never seen anything like this before," the doctor sad, his face twisted with confusion.

"What's wrong now?" Stiles sighed, tears starting in his eyes.

The doctor tossed the clipboard on the desk in the corner and turned towards Stiles, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing," he breathed. "Yesterday you had frontotemporal dementia and now you're healthy as can be. No disease, no nothing."

Stiles' jaw dropped, "What?" he shakily exhaled, his entire body shaking as he raised his hands up to push his hair out of his face.

"Stiles, you're free to go," the doctor said, walking towards the entryway, "I'm scheduling an appointment in two weeks for a checkup, until then if you ever need to come in, come in."

"Thank you," Stiles whispered, standing up, feeling better than he could ever remember.

It's because of  me, y'know, his mind spoke to him.

Stiles' shoulders loosened and his mouth opened slightly, letting out a defeated sigh before tears fell from his eyes. "What are you?"

In time, Stiles. For now, let's get you home. Let's get you to your pack.

Stiles' head tilted back as his eyes shifted from his warm, brown color to a dark, ominous black. He lifted himself up using the hospital bed. "It's nice having a body again."

His eyes switched once more as his body filled with anxiety.

Walk. Act normal and we go through this easily without me having to hurt you or anyone else.

Stiles inhaled deeply before trudging through the hospital, taking note of no waiting Derek anywhere on his route. He passed by Melissa on his way out.

"Stiles, where are you going?" she asked, coming out from behind the reception desk.

"Home, I guess," he murmured, shrugging his shoulders.

"Stiles, you know you can't leave, honey."

"My doctor just cleared me. I don't know what's happening but I'm heading home."

Melissa stared at him for a moment, "What's your doctor's name, Stiles?"

Hurry this up kid or  I'll make it go quicker.

"Melissa. I'm going home."

"Can I at least give you a ride."

"No!" Stiles hurriedly spoke. Melissa was taken back and Stiles could sense that she knew something was off. "No, Melissa, I'd actually like the fresh air. I'll be fine."

Good, Stiles. I knew you had it in you. Lying your way through like a pro.

"Okay. Stay safe, Stiles," she said worriedly as Stiles turned on his heels and hurried out. Stiles stopped outside the hospital as his eyes darkened.

"Want to know something cool, Stiles?" his dark form questioned him as he let out a muffled scream. "Of course you do. Now that you have me, you have some very nice, very powerful abilities that you can control. Let's see how your hearing works," he says, chuckling. Stiles tried to steady his breathing inside his own mind as he heard Melissa's voice clearly.

"Scott. Hey honey."

"Hey mom, what's up." he heard his old friend muffle.

"Stiles, he's heading home. You should go check on him."