Chapter 11

Derek:

Derek put the car in park, swinging the door open as the final bell of the school day rang, releasing the hormonal teenagers from their prison cells called classrooms. He had been coming after school everyday since Markus, or the Darkness, began their abuse, physical and mental, on the Pack, making sure they were still safe. Well, as safe as they could be. His bottom started numbing when he smelled Scott's familiar scent fill the air. He pushed off the car as Scott ran towards him.

"You wo-" Scott attempted, earning a raised hand in his face.

"Not now Scott, I've gotten some intel on the Darkness. Get in the car, we've got to go to Algoqu Falls now," Derek mumbled, turning to open the car door. He hadn't spoken with confidence since Stiles first disappeared. He hadn't given the Pack the great leadership they needed.

"Derek, Stiles is back."

Derek's head shot up, his face plastered with confusion. "What? He's back?" Derek lifted his nose to the air, breathing in the high school scents. Faint. It was very faint, almost to the point where Derek didn't notice it, but Stiles' scent was there. He was back. His scent mixed with another, all too familiar scent. "Why the hell is he with Markus?"

Scott shook his head, whipping it just in time to see the double doors at the front of the school fly open, Markus pushing Stiles through it. Derek began rushing towards his mate, stopping when Stiles leaped from the ground, slamming Markus' head towards where he was. He leaned down to the now bloody boy, whispering to him, which Derek was only able to hear due to his heightened werewolf ears. "Stay away from my Pack, or I'm coming after you with more force than just my sheer power, is that understood?"

Markus shook from Stiles' grip, taking a peek back as he rushed off the school grounds. The rest of the Pack formed a circle around him, eyes wide at the sudden outburst of Stiles. Two months ago Stiles wouldn't hurt a fly, but now, right here, he did just that. Sure, Markus deserved it, but this wasn't the Stiles the Pack knew, the Stiles the Pack loved. Derek rushed up to Stiles, grabbing his wrists.

Stiles looked at Derek, his eyes rough and steady. The sight of his broody, cleanly shaven mate eased his stare, allowing care and softness to reenter his honey-brown eyes. "Derek?"

Derek released a small smile across his lips, nodding his head slightly. Stiles removed his arms from Derek and wrapped them around his neck, pulling him in tight. Stiles and Derek exchanged shaky breaths, tightening their grips as if they would be ripped apart any moment.

"I missed you," Derek mumbled, kissing the top of Stiles' head.

Stiles giggled, pushing his head further, if it was even possible, into Derek's toned chest. "I hope you know I had to leave," he exhaled, "Waking up and learning that I am something I have no control over, finding out a hot ass man is my mate, the Sheriff," Derek winced, "I had to get away, I had to learn my control."

"Stiles," Derek spoke into the boy's hair.

Stiles only hummed in response, arms still around Derek.

"Shut up," Stiles smiled at this, closing his eyes gently.

Silence flooded around them. Silence that was broken by none other than Lydia, who feverously tapped Stiles' shoulder, "Look, I hate to break up this touching, and I mean that in the most positive and literal ways imaginable, but we should really get back to the Pack house. And Stiles," she said, earning annoyed glares from both parties, "it's good to have you back."

Stiles:

Everyone arrived at the house shortly after dispersing at the school. Stiles, slamming the Jeep's door, approached the porch, taking in the surroundings. The house looked damaged, obviously due to the torture Markus caused the Pack. He pushed the wooden door inside the house, closing it behind him as he threw his backpack down. In true Stiles fashion, he had to be the last person there. He just had to. Something about him had to be the same.

Derek only smiled when Stiles walked through the kitchen archway, taking his position under Derek's arm.

"Alright," Scott started, "with Stiles back, nice to see you buddy, we can take care of Markus, or Tiago, or whatever the fuck he is."

"Tiago Demonio, brother of both Adam Trutina and Angelica Mundi, who is better known as 'the Darkness'," Stiles spoke, "You guys that were in fourth period English class might recall me using 'Trutina', yes?"

Most of the pack, those that were in the class, nodded their heads, confusion sweeping over them.

"Trutina is the balancer within the heavens, the emissary of Shades. He's the one who helped me learn control over my powers," he said, the Pack's eyes glued to him, "He's the one who mentored Markus."

"The one who expelled me from Markus' body the first time, just over a year ago," a voice, Markus', calls from the front of the house.

Stiles steps in front of the Pack, his body straight and full of authority, "The one who will do it again."

Markus, Tiago, grinned, his hand slamming towards the ground, and, within a swirl of smoke, laid the corpse of Stiles' teacher, mentor, friend, Trutina. "Don't worry," Tiago spoke, "my brother was never a physical creature, he's still alive somewhere. And you, Stiles," his hand moves upwards, freezing Stiles, "are the only piece that doesn't fit in this puzzle. So, you're coming with me."

As the swirls of smoke crawled up Stiles' body, Stiles turned to Scott, "In my backpack, I have my journal. You'll know where to find me."

"How do you know, Stiles?" Scott asked, rushing towards the thrown backpack.

"Because, it's the only place where he will be able to kill me."

* A/N: I hope this wasn't as bad as I feel it was. I'm not so good at writing filler chapters, as you can tell, but I tried my best. The next chapter will be the climax of this story arc, but it is not the end of the story, I promise. I haven't even got to the best part yet, Sterek. I do hope you all enjoyed, and as always, I will be uploading once, if not twice more this weekend. Thank you all for 2K reads and all the support on my story, you guys are amazing <3