Chapter 13

Stiles:

Stiles walked through the hallways alone, running on less than an hour of sleep, more than he had received the night before. No one from the Pack, not even Isaac, who he had grown close to, would even dare look at him. Scott was now an Alpha, but Derek was still in charge. He was the head Alpha, what he said goes. Did Derek tell the kids to stay away from Stiles? Did Derek, the man Stiles saved multiple times, even through the time he didn't trust the wolf, really do this to Stiles?

Stiles grabbed his English book, knocking his 'Lord of the Flies' book to the ground. He bent down, examining the spine. He flipped to the front cover, taking in the dirt-covered faces of boys and the jungle terrain around them. He sighed, shoving the book into his locker, at how terrible it was that he could relate to Ralph, alone, even though he tried his best to keep everything in order and keep everyone safe. At least Ralph had Piggy, not that it proved much, seeing as Piggy just guided their morals. No, he was alone. Tears threatened to fall, his vision was blurring. His work left people dead. His friends were dead. His friends left him. He drove them away.

He was alone.

Stiles was knocked out of his thoughts by the bell blaring. He shook his head, a tear slipping through the barricades, at the empty hallway. He inhaled deeply, he would give into them. He wasn't going to. Not now. Not never. Stiles straightened his back, walking up the stair and through the class' door.

"Ah, Mr. Stilinski, care to explain why you're late?" Mrs. Lucca said, eyeing him from her desk.

Stiles starred her down briefly, he hadn't thought about that. "Had to piss," he blurted out, not processing the words before they spilled out. Out of the corner of his eyes he could make out an angered Scott, a carefree Lydia, and a stressed, as always, Kira, sitting in a tight group, Stiles' old seat now occupied by Scott's backpack and foot.

"That's -uhm," Mrs. Lucca tried to process, ultimately shaking her head and sighing, "Just sit down, Stiles."

Stiles raised his eyebrows in astonishment. No detention? It couldn't have worked that well. He took a seat across from the Pack, flipping the book open to the page on the board. he read the title, 'Lamb to the Slaughter'. At least it shouldn't be as boring as 'Through the Tunnel', which they finished the Thursday before. Or was it the Friday? Stiles couldn't recall, but it's alright. He began reading the story, taking the lines in without necessarily grasping them entirely. Yet he still got an A in the class. One of my many talents, he always said.

He spent the rest of the day ignoring the Pack's existence. He planned on doing that for as long as he needed. He didn't need the Pack.

But he really did.

Derek:

Derek held tight onto Stiles' arm, trying vigorously to wake the boy, but to no avail. Markus was stirring awake, His eyes losing the darkness within them and were replaced by a bright white. Markus shot up, gasping and arms flailing around his vicinity in search of an unseen object. Vanessa wrapped her arms around his chest, squeezing him tightly. She whispered soft words of safety, slowly rubbing her hand along his arm.

Derek returned his gaze to Stiles, whose heartbeat beat faster, not by much, than before. His heartrate was a slow, sometimes faltering, beat that scared Derek. Derek didn't know whether Stiles would make it out of the building alive. He gripped his arm tighter, trying to extract the pain from Stiles. Derek nearly broke in tears, lessening his grip. There was no black veins. No searing pain in his own chest. Stiles wasn't in pain. But he was still hurt.

Out of the corner of Derek's eye he could see that Markus was staring at him, terror plastered onto his face. Derek glared at him, a mixture of pain and anger flooded into his eyes. He scooped Stiles up, preparing to take him away from the man who caused this. As he neared the door he heard a choked sob come from Markus.

"I can hear him," he whispered, eyes distant and teary, "I can feel him."

* A/N: Hey guys, I felt like there needed to be some backstory to what happened. Most of Stiles' Third Person POV over the next chapter or so will be 'flashbacks'. We will see what is wrong with Stiles soon enough. This storyline (involving: The Darkness, Vanessa, Stantson, and Markus) is slowly coming to an end. Thank you guys for all the reads and support. I hope you enjoyed. *