Chapter 17

* A/N: Please check the author's note at the bottom of this chapter <3 *

Derek:

Derek smiled as he watched Stiles trudge into the living room with the pot of spaghetti, placing it in the center of the large coffee table, stepping back as the rest of the Pack, or what remained of them, devoured the food.

Malia had, shortly before the night in the warehouse, left in search of her mother, the Desert Wolf.

Kira, Derek knew, would be back soon. She was off attempting to, with her mother, learn to control the fox spirit residing in her body. Derek didn't know much about the process, but he did know that it was a very difficult, time-consuming one.

Derek cleared his throat, looking at the Pack in front of him, faces filled with noodles and covered in red sauce. He rolled his eyes heavily, pulling Stiles into his side.

"We still haven't found any clues as to where the other packs and hunters went, but we'll still continue searching."

Scott interjected, placing the plate on the table, "There still isn't any sign of the Darkness, so, Stiles, I think it's gone. There's nothing else to worry about from him."

Stiles gave a slight smile before dropping his head. He didn't mean for it to happen, it just did. When he released the light in the warehouse that night, he didn't expect for it to take everything. Granted, Jackson was still alive, somewhere, but the others, Allison, Aiden, his mother, they didn't make it. He knew they were spirits, but still, he wasn't expecting it.

Ethan sighed, knowing where Stiles' mind was taking him. "Stiles," he called softly, catching the boy's attention. "It wasn't your fault. We all know it. We're all still here, Stiles, and that's because of you."

Stiles smiled a genuine smile, straightening himself up. "Thanks, Ethan. Alright, finish that up, I'm gonna go grab something from the room."

Stiles kissed Derek, heading towards the spiral staircase across the room.

Stiles:

Stiles climbed the stairs quickly, entering the dimly lit room that Derek and he shared. He flicked on the light, moving towards the desk on the opposite side where the two movies laid.

He picked them up, examining them. A slight smile tugged at his face; Twilight and The Shaggy Dog. He knew Derek would chastise him with his looks or eyebrow movements, but he knew the jokes he was making were worth it.

He moved towards the door when something on the nightstand caught his eye. He looked at the wooden jar questioningly. He recognized it immediately as Derek's jar in which he kept his mother's claws. 

Stiles caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of his eye. He shifted quickly but couldn't find the source. He quickly removed himself from the room, heading downstairs, flashing the movies towards the Pack.

Derek scowled deeply at Stiles, causing a laughing attack to erupt from the smaller boy, Liam joining in soon after.

"Sorry Alpha," Liam straightened up, suppressing more laughter as Derek flashed his red Alpha eyes at him.

"Oh, lighten up, Sourwolf," Stiles teased, placing The Shaggy Dog into the player.

Stiles snuggled into a still scowling Derek, placing kissing on his chest as he drifted into a calm, peaceful sleep.

* A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry that this update is so short, but I am quite busy this weekend and I still wanted to give you guys something. The next few chapters will introduce small problems for Stiles, Derek, their relationship, and the Pack before we hit the climax and resolution (or un-resolution) of the story, which will lead to a sequel. Also, I wanted your guys' input. Please give me your opinions. I want to start a new story (or series) titles, The Cult. This story/series will be set in a post-apocalyptic (not necessary The Walking Dead, The100, or other settings) world where a protagonist is trying to unravel the secrets of the society (cult) he is living in, all while trying to join the separate groups into one unity (while falling for another boy in the rival group). I want to know whether you all would be interested in this book if I were to write it. Also, if you are, I would like to know if you would want me to make it a 'Sterek' story. Basically making it a Teen Wolf crossover. Please, please, please let me know your opinions. Thank you all so much for reading, and I'll see you soon. *