Chapter 3

GINA SHERMAN-

The party was on. It was a typical Friday night party. But it wasn’t for the starting of senior year. It was for my birthday.

Dan came up with this wonderful idea of dedicating the “end of the summer” party to me, because it was my birthday on Friday. How typically genius of him.

You must be wondering why I’m complaining about my best friend throwing a party in my honor. It’s not like I’ve got anything against parties thrown in my honor, but there’s an issue with parties in Dan’s house, especially birthday parties.

The birthday kid had to do a stunt in the backyard pool. You know, something like cannon-balling into the water, doing a hundred laps, doing a water strip-dance, or something. But it had to be pool-related.

Well, THAT, was my biggest problem. I was terrified of swimming pools. Which is why I had never let Dan talk me into hosting my birthday parties in his house, it was just too scary.

So when Dan told me what the real purpose of the party was, I freaked out. I literally strangled him to death after I realized that he had Facebook messaged AND texted everyone about the party being in my honor. And he had done it without telling me. ME! Ugh, how I wish I could push him off the Empire State Building.

“Dan, you male bitch! Don’t you realize what you’ve just done?”

“What?!” he asked me in a very nonchalant manner.

“You’ve just re-written my fate you.. you.. YOU!” I screamed at him.

“No silly. I just wanted you to get over your stupid fear of pools! I mean, hell, pools are meant to be fun and stuff! And after all these years, I’m surprised that you haven’t gone swimming even once.” Dan sounded equally irritated now.

I fell back on his bed, exhausted from all the screaming. I could never win an argument with Dan. NEVER in my 13 years of talking, fighting and arguing with him, have I been able to win more than ten arguments with him. I closed my eyes and rolled over on my stomach.

“No Dan, you can’t do this to me.” I whined. “I swear I’m writing a letter to the police that if they find my corpse in your pool, then you are to be charged with my murder. I’ll make Ruth prosecute you.” I warned him.

“Speaking of which, I heard she got promoted.” Dan quipped lightheartedly, changing the topic with ease.

And the pool party was forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to spend the night at Dan’s house. We had so much to plan, and we didn’t even have four days left. So I decided that it would be better if a few heads worked together, than separately.

Camryn was coming over because, OBVIOUSLY, it was Dan’s house. Plus, she was just sheer genius when it came to posters and decoration. So I had suggested that she come over so that we could plan the party, and probably give it a theme. We also decided we’d order pizza for dinner because Jane and Lee were in France for a business meeting or something.

I was thinking about what to do for the party, (after all it was for me), when the doorbell rang. Before I  could even think of moving my lazy bottom, Dan was already the door with a silver scarf balled up in his right hand.

God of weird Dan strikes again. Woo-hoo.

He opened the door with his free hand, and his face lit up like someone had replaced his face with a couple of bulbs.

“Hey, Camryn!” I shouted from the couch. “Happy anniversary!”

“Aw, Gene! I wanted to tell her that first. You know I wanted to!” he whined, his face deflated like a five-year old had just lost his favorite blanket.

I rolled off the couch and walked over to both of them. They made such a CUTE pair. Dan was almost a good foot taller than Cam, and when I saw them together it made me want to squeal and run around.

Dan had light brown hair, a tan complexion and sapphire blue eyes. He was pretty tall, and built and all that because he used to be on the football team’s quarterback, until a year ago. His nose was bit crooked because of all those fights he used to get into, but that changed when Camryn entered his life.

She was a thin and petite girl, with curly, jet black hair, and pierced ears. She had creamy white skin that suited her perfectly. Her eyes were a bright green, and very expressive. She had a heart-shaped face, which was somewhat softened by her animated curls. And according to me, she was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. She was the perfect match for Dan.

“Okay, since this is a special day for you too, I’ll be stationed here watching TV and rotting away with popcorn, while you two can catch up a bit.” I winked at Camryn, and as if on cue, Dan’s phone started to ring up in his room.

“I’ll go get it! Cam, come on up.” He took her hand and they both ran up the stairs.

Young love, I thought with a stupid smile on my face. Oh, how I wish something like that would happen to me.

As I settled down to watch the rest of Top Chef, the doorbell rang. Must be the pizza, I decided and lazily got up, cursing how utterly comfortable Dan’s couch was. It rang one more time, the person behind the door becoming more impatient by the minute.

“I’m coming. Just wait!” I yelled and stomped to the door, yanking it open.

And I froze with shock to see the person that was standing behind the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger #1 *evil laughter* >:D

Whom do you think it's going to be? :D

Please READ, VOTE and COMMENT! (: