In Another Time

Chapter 4

"Someone update me." Barry called out, entering into the cortex of the lab, in each hand was some coffee and food he had picked up from Jitters after work.

Caitlin looked up from her monitor from in the lab and muttered something under her breath before loudly announcing, "She hasn't eaten all day and won't talk to me."

"But it's six o'clock." Barry muttered out in astonishment, setting down the coffee and food. "I grabbed you guys something from Jitters by the way." He stated before making himself comfortable at one of the many computers.

Cisco entered the room soon afterwards, "Oh hey Barry. How was work?"

"Not as fun as it is being here." Barry mused, offering Cisco a sandwich and coffee.

"Thanks man. Oh, and I finished my Spark Reader." Cisco cheered excitedly.

"What?" Barry asked.

"My electricity reader for Black Out. I may have to come up with a new name for that." Cisco admitted half-heartedly as he second guessed the name 'Spark Reader' for his tech.

"Mind if we go test it out?" Barry asked, standing up from his chair, his coffee in hand.

Cisco smiled before taking off towards the elevator, eagerly anticipating to use his new gadget.

Barry immediately sensed Caitlin's hesitation as she was trying to stay quiet in the back of the lab. "Hey are you alright?"

"Yep." She quipped before grabbing a stack of papers. "Tell me when you guys are done so I can offer her dinner."

"Will do." Barry affirmed her before jogging down the hallway, but not before grabbing his Flash suit and changing into it.

As Cisco neared Jamie's cell he noticed she hadn't changed much in position since Caitlin's latest update.

Jamie lay on her side still but now was underneath one of the many layers of blankets, her back still turned to the cell door.

Cisco raised his power reading gun and pointed it at Black Out before pulling the trigger. Numbers began racing across the small screen and Cisco's brows furrowed in confusion at the strange numbers before shouting out in annoyance. "I am picking up the charge from the cell door and not her!"

Barry slowed to a walk as he neared Cisco who was pulling at his hair. "What's the problem Cisco?"

"I can't scan Black Out from out here, the power from the cell's system is interfering." Cisco shouted out in annoyance.

Jamie flinched at the sudden sound but didn't dare turn to face the cell door, she had no intention of engaging in conversation with the man in the red suit who was bound to be staring at her intently from the other side of the glass.

"Look Cisco, we don't have time for this right now. The CCPD was going nuts from reports of meta-human attacks all over central city today." Barry informed the technician as they slowly exited the corridor containing Jamie's cell.

"A dead man was murdered by his mysterious twin, and now someone named Zoom wants me." Barry whispered, pulling off his mask once he was certain Jamie was out of range.

"Who's Zoom?" Cisco asked in utter confusion as he continued to tinker with his gadget.

"I don't know, but he seems dangerous." Barry stated before Caitlin cut them off from over the coms.

"Barry, I think I figured out a way for us to gain access to Jamie without her electrocuting us and frying the whole lab." She cheered in excitement and a smile worked its face on Cisco's face as Barry shared the news.