Chapter 2- Welcome home Neighbor

For once there's not going to be an authors note

Chapter 2-
Alex's pov

When I was half way home I realized I had forgot all my books on the boys locker room bench, which I desperately needed unless I wanted to fail all my classes and not play baseball. So I obviously had no choice but to turn around, as unpleased as I was I had no doubt that the coach would still be in his office because let's be real he had no life. In fact I was pretty sure he never left school most days and decided to sleep in the school. I pulled my car in a parking spot quickly and headed for the gym doors, they thankfully were unlocked as I headed in the locker room I instantly found my books making a mental prayer for not having to stay in that locker room, it stunk, like really stunk. As I walked out the locker room and past the coaches office I saw none other than Peyton.

But one thing was wrong.

The coach was making moves on her, her face was addressed with discomfort, I wanted to stop him I really did but I couldn't. I tried to dig my phone out because the guys wouldn't believe this unless they themselves saw it and that's when my Pre-Calc book hit the ground with a thud.

Shit I was about to be discovered.

I ran past the doorway hoping no one would see me but I had a feeling Peyton did, the coach was knocked out grabbing his balls in pain so I know he didn't see me. As I got to the gym door and opened it slightly I heard a voice behind me.

"Please don't tell anyone that happened. I can't afford to be the talk of the school." Her voice was full of emotion, I was going to ignore her but I had a heart and couldn't not help her.

"Your secrets safe with me. Just don't stay here, he has a um past and it wouldn't be safe to stay with him." I mean I didn't care but at least give the girl a warning.

"I wasn't planning to. I had to talk to him about accepting my team idea but it took a turn for the worst." She was fidgeting with her fingers not even making eye contact with me.

"Aren't you getting out of here?" I said seconds later a bit annoyed, could she not take a warning?

"Yeah I just have to-to calculate how to walk home from here." She said almost stuttering, I really hope I didn't scare her. She was scared but on the field she was so confident.

"How to walk?"

"Yeah, I don't have a car. At least yet." She looked so nervous and fragile that of course I felt bad for her and I had to do something.

"Do you want a ride to your house?"

"No, that'd be a bother to you. I can walk you know." Her nervousness seemed to be long gone and was replaced by a hint of confidence.

"Come on. Your riding in my car, it's too far to walk and almost pitch black outside I can't let you walk."

"Okay." She responded with no hesitation. Maybe the coach hitting on her just stunned her for a few minutes or something because she was really nervous before and that didn't seem like her. I guided her to my car, started the engine and off we went. But where to because I don't know where her house was.

"So where do you live? So I know where to drop you off." I said as we drove out of the school parking lot.

"I'll give you directions." She spoke while focused on her phone.

"Okay. Why'd you move here though, of all places here?" I said wanting to break the silence and make this as I always as possible.

She sighed, "My parents got into an ugly divorce and my mom got a job here so, you turn left here, when my mom got custody I went here." I could tell I was hitting an emotional nerve when she spoke about it and regret filled my mind. I was lucky to have my parents married with no big issues for 20 years. "Take a right here." She said out of the silence.

"Sorry if I hit a nerve there. But I think you live pretty close to me because we're actually headed my normal route home." Then silence passed with her giving me occasional directions. Please don't have us be neighbors, please, that'd just be weird.

But of course 5 minutes later we arrive at her house, which just so happens to be right next to mine.

Welcome home neighbor.

"How funny." I laughed softy.

"What?" Her head shot looking my direction.

"We're neighbors."

"Your shitting me." She said in a annoyed but pissed voice.

She really didn't like me.

"Nope." I said in a matter of a fact tone.

"Any baseball fields around?" She asked while looking all around expecting a field to be around the corner.

"Only at school." I said

"Okay, well thanks for the ride."

But hey at least my neighbor was hot.

Peyton's pov-

That's my neighbor? Out of everyone on the entire fucking planet it had to be him. My mom not only had bad taste in guy but apparently as well had bad taste in houses. He wasn't bad looking or anything but him, really? The guy was on the baseball team and from what I saw he was team captain as well. He was my competition, and I had to be better than him. In that moment I decided that morning I was going to go to the field and practice.

Tomorrow was Saturday surely no one would go to school or the field.

I go to my bathroom across my room and get ready for bed, so pretty much just a shower and I was done. I wasn't the type of girl to want to wear makeup or look 'hot', I just wanted to be myself. I crawled into my bed and looked around my messy room, I had a lot to clean and organize over the next month. I managed to make my bed and organize a few pictures the day we moved in, it was of Cammie and I, that picture was the day we went to the Beach. Before I left I got her a necklace that said "forever" & I had "always", they looked like a snowflake since we both loved Winter. It was 10:44 now and I decided to go to sleep texting a quick goodnight to Cammie before I fell into a deep sleep.