Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Peyton's Pov*
I lay there with my thoughts entangled in confusion. I gave the lord my last prayer and fell into a peaceful sleep, the lord was the one I could always turn to. People never thought about it but with no dad and a single mother it was hard to have anyone there for you. Sure they could give you material things and their time but there just wasn't enough time. I would always turn to the lord when I had problems, he was my lifeline. The thought of not having him in my life was like losing a loved one, I wouldn't be able to function. He taught me to deal with my troubles through prayer and not run away when it got hard. The lord was one thing my mom and I couldn't talk about, she tried to raise me without him and she didn't approve of my belief, she thought the lord was nothing but a bluff. She's tried to kick me out before just because of my beliefs, she claimed she'd rather have an abortion than claim me. That's what most people didn't see, she let people see her good side but I was left with her bad side.

I woke up with my alarm buzzing and of course me not wanting to get out of bed. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 6:15, much to say I was late and very late at that. Even though school started at 7:20 I still had to get my routine and walk to school. I looked outside hoping luck would be in my favor but no, the car wasn't here like always. My mom had been getting worse at staying out late and starting to bring men home, she was slowly slipping. I get it with everything that happened with my father but she should realize she has a teen to take care of. I was in luck with the fact that today was spirit week, and today was pajama day, so I looked in the mirror at my messy bun and grey top with my Victoria Secret stripped pants and decided it was good enough.

I grabbed my house keys and looked at the clock 6:30. Decent time. As I opened my front door I saw that it had just started pouring, absolutely great, a almost 40 minute walk. I decided to sit on the porch and while I was waiting for the rain to stop get some coffee. It was my favorite kind too, salted caramel. I saw a figure approaching up my driveway but couldn't quite tell because they were covered in a hoodie.

It was him.

"What are you doing here." I said as he approached.

"Well I was going to offer you a ride to school but I have a better idea." He offered with a sly smirk.

"Which would be?"

"Let'a skip and hang out."

"I'm down." I said not even thinking about it.

"Really?" He said as if he was shocked.

"Yeah, I mean it's already 7:00 so I'd be late anyways." I said careless.

"Were do you want to go?" He said

"My room," his face had a questioned look on it "not that dumbass."

"Well I didn't know. I was thinking it was too good to be true." He responded.

"To go watch-" and then I saw a spider and I flipped a shit. I jumped on Alex's lap and he was quite fine with that by his expression, "Get it Alex!"

"Hey,hey I've got you baby girl." He picked me up and we went inside the house, he carried me all the way up to my room. "See. You're fine, you always will be with me."

And these are the situations that had me confused. He cared about me but not enough to do commitment.

"You look cute, risky, but cute." He stated

"How is this risky? Like what do you want me wearing? A turtleneck?" I gave him scowl.

"Yes I would actually now that you mention it."

By this time we were siting on my bed, having this conversation.

"Jealous much?"

"No, you can't be jealous of what you already have." He said while wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I'm not yours." At least not yet I thought.

"Is any other guy here right now? Exactly, mine baby girl." I hated the fact that he was right. He shifted himself towards me and we tried deciding what to watch, horror or romance, and you know which one won. Horror.

"If I have nightmares I swear Alex."

"Then you call me and I'll be here." He was such a smooth talker and I hated it.

But you love it.

We got 30 minutes into the horror film and I was comfortably warm on his chest, one of his hands on my lower back. I looked up at him in the dark room and that's when I think I fell, and fell hard.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He snarked. And so I did exactly that.

"Happy smartass?" I smirked while taking a picture of us.

He grabbed my phone and sent them to himself and he said ," now I am."

I frowned," I look ugly in those why'd you have to send them to yourself?"

"Shush baby girl you don't. You look lovely." He spoke as he was messing with my hair. At this point I'd missed some of the movie and I didn't really care, with watching the movie I was hoping he'd make a move but he hadn't. I wasn't big on making a move in situations, but I guess I had to. I moved in front of the TV and of course him being dumb he said, "You're blocking the screen."

"I know" I said teasingly.

"Why?" He kept trying to make move but I remained determined and still.

"Are you really that interested in the movie?" I asked seriously.

"Yeah, that's why I came here?"

Ok than, I knew where he stood. I moved out of the way and moved to the opposite side of my bed.

"What's wrong baby girl?" He said as he moved closer.

"Nothing."

"You're terrible at lying."

"No I'm not!"

"Then how'd I know you wanted to do more than just a movie?" He said pulling me closer to him.

"Well shit." I said under my breathe.

"You're so cute baby girl." He said then he kissed my neck and led up to my lips. He left me breathless and a simple kiss turned into a make out session. His hands ventured around my body, and even underneath my pajama pants.

Then he stopped.

I looked at him with a confused look and he simply said, "I respect you too much to take it any farther." And a smile crept to my face.

God you did fall and fall hard you did.

"Alex."

"Sh, I know baby girl."