Chapter 7- The Cliff

I know I know surprise I haven't gone and died but finally updated. >_< Thanks for all the comments and votes means a whole bunch to me!!
P.s I'm writing this on my phone cause my computer has decided to become non functional so excuse the mistakes haha
(Actually I think autocorrect might save me)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My broken wrist was hurting.
My lungs were on fire from my heavy panting.
My whole body was sticky with sweat and I probably smelled like shit.

I wanted to curl up into a ball, fall asleep and just escape reality. I was so tired, so so tired. But I knew, I couldn't stop running. Not if I didn't want to die. 

I hated not having any other option. It was suffocating. This was like a bad dream that I couldn't escape from.

The forest was creepily silent. So silent, in fact, that I was getting the chills. There wasn't the sound of the wind, no sound of animals scurrying around. Nothing. The moonlight illuminated the dark night, seemingly shining at me. After the two loud frightening howls that followed my escape from the mutts, the forest had become still as night.

I didn't know how I hadn't got caught yet, considering the ones chasing me had their dog like nose aiding them, but I would be forever grateful to whatever luck I had.

I felt like crying. Never had I felt so lost, not when my Mother choose to ignore my questions about my Father, or even after witnessing my Mother being mauled to death by the same species that were trying to capture me now.

If I got caught, I was dead. I didn't want to get caught. I didn't want to live the rest of my life catering the whatever needs the mutts had. I wanted so badly to cry and be back with my brother at the dump of a place we call home.

Instead, here I was in a dark, creepy forest at night, with no clue where I was going and being chased by two dogs that claimed to be my mates.

Life sucks.

I chided myself mentally. I didn't have time to have a pity party about how dreadful my life seemed to be, I needed to think of some leverage against the mutts should they suddenly catch up to me.

I tried hard to remember whatever the teachers at school had taught us in werewolf's class, and cursed myself for never paying attention. But after the list of things I had done, I doubt I could do anything worse.

Slapping? Check.
Rejecting? Check.
Running away? Check.

Thinking about it, I really was in deep shit. Way way way in deep shit. There were werewolf laws on these things, and I remember none of them to be all that exciting. Except the one where they let you starve before carving some really nice permanent tattoos with their canines. Shit.

Guaranteed death sentence? Check!

Wait.. Maybe..? I remembered the reaction the king mutt had when I said I was going to kill myself should he kill Julian. Maybe, just maybe, that could be used against the mutts?

Now if I only I could find a sharp stick somewhere...

To my horror, my ears picked up the most terrifying sound I could have heard at that point. The sound of loud thuds on the forest ground, and whoever was coming, was going to reach soon.