Chapter 2

Overprotected Me

Chapter 2

Photo to the right is Evan Anderson------------------------->>

************************************

Considering his friends by showing support, like holding cut-out cardboards with fancy letters collaged on them, it was odd for they didn't even inform Skylar that what he brought out was a huge mistake. They were like advocating him into something that was surely gonna turn out ugly. Skylar was a good kid I can say. If he wanted a girlfriend, it would be easy for him since he was a very good looking, decent heart throb. Not anything compared to those spiky-haired cocky lads. But me? Why in the world would he like me? I was a risk.

"Jenny," Skylar, on one knee stood up, still grasping both my tiny hands. I could feel how nervous he was by just feeling his frozen palms transmitting zaps of full-charged electrons against mine. "You like me don't~..."

Then an epic fight began.

Yeap, James suddenly popped out of nowhere with a boxing rink with him. Well not literally but yeah, just how I thought so. Countless times, countless times. I've been through stopping both wrestlers before, sometimes five, it may vary though, but it was an old repetitive job of mine. Well why not keep calm and enjoy my lunch? I turned out following my head's decision. I sat down placidly, placed my headphones on, turned the music to its highest volume, and left the world behind me. Just enjoying my Burrito and Pizza. Of course, I wouldn't forget about my coke, it was my addiction. I didn't care if people were staring at me or maybe if they thought I was out of my mind over this serious situation. Big deal, as if I was fighting for the love of my life. I started believing that it would never ever happen, I would never have a parter in life. For sure my brothers couldn't stand a chance seeing me holding my boyfriend's hand or maybe walking on the aisle saying 'I do'. Complete nonsense, never gonna happen.

Just as I was about to get a huge bite off my paradise, something distracted me from my peripheral. No other, Julius Stark. The glitch I conclude who was mysteriously created by God. If I never talked about boys with my girl friends before since it was a restriction then I believe he was the cryptic guy who bothered me all the time. It was not his torrid dim-brown hair nor his awesome argentine gray eyes but it was because of his presence. He seemed quiet and nice at first but after he caught me staring at him at countless times, he started avoiding me as if I was a stalker. I wasn't! There was no reason for me to stare at him. Well, I thought he was much of a feeler and an emo jock who wouldn't stop cutting himself. Everyone could easily tell by the cuts shown freely over his arms. Some were left as old scars while some were disgustingly fresh. bloodcurdling my stomach, I quickly took a sip of my coke with a thin straw. Thinking of him even disgust me!

"Jen, hey Jen! Are you with me?" a familiar voice laggardly processed in my mind. He then sat across me.

"Oh, hey James. How was your fight?" I asked, throwing fries into my mouth, chill as possible. It was not Julius but my brother, but something in me hoped it was which creeped me out.

"I'm not in a mood for jokes Jen, that idiot was feeling your hand inch by inch, he deserves to get his arms~"

"James, please stop. I wouldn't approve to any courting gestures. Ever." I assured him.

"I hope so." he emphasized clearly and left a moment later with his friends, popular group of friends. Obviously he was pissed of what happened a moment ago. I didn't even dare checking on Skylar behind me. For sure he wouldn't show up anymore, forever I mean. Blood scares me the most so that means the last thing I would do on earth was to marry Julius. Cutting our skin must be our hobby and seeing blood leaking out from our veins must be our live theatre. Wait, why the hell am I imagining our future? I don't like him, I'm sure.

Remembering who distracted me from my peripheral, I glanced quickly to his direction but he disappeared. Wait, everyone disappeared. Oh shit, lunch break was over and I was still listening to 'Just give me a reason' by Pink, really loud. James didn't even tell me! I blamed it all to that Julius creep anyway. He distracted me again even if we didn't need to interact. Unbelievable!

It hurts me whenever I leave an unfinished coke can but I was that committed to my studies and attendance that I left 'him' alone. If I was late again, my brothers would nag me to death. not to mention being an early bird was not in my dictionary. I pledged my coke goodbye and dashed two levels up to my next class. As I went in class, still catching for my breath, they all were halfway to a quiz in Physics. Damn! I was that late?!

Of all odds, luckily Professor Lee was dead asleep on his desk, head splat flat on his two ton book, not knowing that everyone was passing a leakage of answers. I knew I had to sneak in. Everyone obediently followed my command when I actioned them for some silence. I wonder if they respected me just because they were terrified of my brothers, well I hated that if so. I lurked towards Professor Lee's table, pulling a test sheet in Physics and quickly eyed the room for an empty seat. Really? Did it have to be the last row?!

I encroached towards my new destination really placid. More silent than that of a bee's buzzing. I thought my plan would turn out successful but not until an eruption bombarded the whole room, caused by a loud impacted sneeze. Damn it Julius! I glared at the suspect sitting two seats away from me with fire-lit eyes. That pesky nuisance again. I had no time to mess with him for now because all I was terrified about was to get caught in the act by Professor Lee~...

Oh God...