Chapter 6

Overprotected Me

Chapter 6

PHOTO TO THE RIGHT IS JENNY ANDERSON:) ---------------------->>>

***************************************

The first day I met Julius Stark, I barely could control the force pulling me towards him. The tension within his lethal stare, I found out myself; Pain was behind its dark sea green lens. It has been two years now since I've seen him pass by our school's dull hallway. Sometimes, the cafeteria with a monotonous repetition of lunch trays and mindless chatter. Even in classes we share and in every absence he made, I notice them a lot, and I mean a lot. New cut on his sleeve or wrist, I know. I could differentiate what's new from weeks old. The more he hated me unbelievably makes me like him even more, now who finds me retarded? Yeah, I see all of you raising your hands in agreenment.

But whenever that tiny devil exisitng on my left shoulder would tell me that Stark is keeping an arm's length away because I'm creepy, a.k.a. Stalker, all I've ever wanted to do after that was to leave him alone. We've never exchanged words before but he spellbinds my attention specially when he bites his lower lips as a habit.

So this was when I started acting like I hated him or something, but there's that craving in me that draws me back to my old perspective about him. It bothers me frequently but it's better that way. I hate you Julius Stark!

All of these crazy infatuation epilogue? No one knew for it was kept a fat secret. Even my brothers had not a hint or Julius might be sticked and barbecued with Rodeo's Grill Sauce. Kebab for dinner we may say.

Like now, he's trying to avoid me as usual.

Sitting far over the gym's bleachers, he started blowing air into the souvenir floaters with the words 'Green Cobras VS. Wild Hawks' written across them. What the hell of a gym teacher would let someone so well-proportioned inflate dozens of balloons using his very own lungs? Didn't they have any air pumps at all?

I decided something I never thought I would ever have the courage to do; and that was to make a proper conversation with him. But before I strangled my toes up the bleachers, Ms. Baker ruled out a whistle, signaling me to run towards her. Moment breaker.

After stumbling like twice perhaps by simply running across the wide gym, I finally reached her still panting hard as if I held my breath underwater for ten minutes. Oh wait, I think I would be dead if I'd take that long. But I felt like dying anyways so what's the difference.

"Anderson, I want you to stay in the hydration booth. Be sure to fill all the cups so our players can get to drink them with all haste. Now go go go! The game's about to start!" She cheered and ran straight to Coach Jayson, wiping his sweaty face.

I sighed in frustration aware that the booth was right at the other side of the gym and I had to run plus fall a couple of times over again. But tempted by the strong caramelized popcorn cart by the corner, I grabbed a bucket for myself.

The audience cheered as the Green Cobras made their epic entrance. Screaming girls, howling and hooting audiences were cheering for both teams which almost blew my ears off. If I was a normal teenage girl who had the permission to drool over boys then I wonder if I would do the same thing...

"Go James!!!" ladies in cheerleading outfits cheered for my brother, the one and only so awesome team captain.

"Hey James!" I waved but he missed my direction.

"Jenny!" Someone yelled fighting the crowds noise. I saw Skylar running towards me with hands held high in the air for me to spot him.

"Hey there." I waved at him and kept myself busy in filling the red cups with energy drinks. Clumsy as ever, most of the blue liquid streamed straight to the worktop. Every cup were overflowing with gatorade and I would gladly take the blame.