Ch. 10

***
"Why the Hell is the Epsilon here? Are you alright?"

"I...I'm fine. When she showed up I was completely blindsided and wanted to rip Kye to pieces but because of her showing up I learned more about what happened to my father."

"That's a good thing?"

"I used to hate Viviana completely now, I don't know if I can hate her anymore but I don't think I can forgive her either."

Silence descended in the clearing and I wanted to move closer but I was a good quarter of a mile away from the clearing any closer and I would risk being discovered by Andrea and Matthias or Matthias's two escorts. I hadn't meant to follow them it was an accident I came upon them on my way back to the barracks but since I had been given the opportunity I wasn't going to pass up a chance to see just how Matthias treated Andrea.

"The wolf who was ready to attack me? What does she have to do with the Epsilon?"

"Kye has a past with her I am not even entirely sure what it is. Kye doesn't say much about herself or what she is thinking or feeling."

"What is her issue anyway?"

"Issues." Aspen called loudly from the other side of the clearing, somewhere next to her I also scented Sadie.

"Issues?" Matthias asked confused.

"Yup, Kye is probably the most complicated and possibly fucked up wolf here with way more than one issue." Aspen said.

"Aspen." Sadie chastised, "Kye isn't fucked up. Complicated however is the best word to describe her."

"Who is she?" Matthias asked.

"She's suppose to be a NightShade pack member. She is a beta wolf, the temporary third of the pack. She was my sworn Servari, and she may very well end up leaving the pack." Andrea said.

"Suppose to be a pack member? Was your sworn Servari? What do you mean by that?"

"We had a fight about Viviana, I lost control and attacked. Viviana stormed in and released her of her vow to me along with an order I placed on her."

"Viviana also announced that there was a possibility of her claiming Kye when she left." Aspen tossed in.

Andrea growled and I hear a soft whimper from Aspen.

"She is not taking Kye." Andrea growled out.

Warmth shoot through my stomach. With the mate proposal having been removed by Viviana my hormones have started to come back full force and they seemed to be reacting strongly to Andrea. That was the only explanation that made sense to me as to why I have felt so odd around her the last few days.

"Is there something going on between Kye and the Epsilon?" Matthias asked.

"Maybe." Andrea said.

"I don't know." Sadie said.

"Of course not!" Aspen yelled.
All three answered at once and surprisingly Aspen was the only one who seemed to realize there was absolutely nothing going on with me and Viviana. Why did there have to be something going on between me and Viviana. Werewolves were not the most picky or overly conscientious when it came to who they slept with, that didn't necessarily mean that there were serious relationships between all bed partners.

"Aspen, Kye has carried Viviana's scent on her skin more than once since she has been here. She is always defending her and the amount of time they spend touching and comforting each other is akin to mated wolves." Andrea argued.

"You seriously don't see it do you?" Aspen asked.

"See what?" Andrea asked.

Aspen's laugh echoed throughout the forest. Unlike me she seemed to find the situation funny.