Ch. 7

I pushed away from the wall and walked back to Raiza's office. As soon as I opened the door I wished I had left the building altogether instead of returning. Raiza and Andrea where in one corner of the room glaring at Viviana who stood in the opposite corner of the with a composed expression on her face. I felt as if I had just entered a boxing ring. Raiza and Andrea's dominance combined was barely a match for the power Viviana was sending out, I knew from experience that she wasn't even using the full extent of her power and was merely playing with them. If a human had walked in here it would look weird but as a wolf I could feel the amount of power that was pulsating off them. I tried to flee but the three of them saw me at the same time. "Kye!" They called out in union. All three voices were laced with the same strength they were pushing out into the room. I felt like a puppet, their voices the strings that pulled me into the room. Normally Alphas kept their power in check unless they really needed to use it because for werewolves orders from the Alpha were absolute. We obeyed whether we wished to or not. As werewolves however we were also human as humans no one wanted to be forced to follow orders all the time. More than one Alpha had been challenged and killed because of their blatant misuse of their power.

"Knock it off! Are you trying to upset the entire pack? There is enough power in this room to cause all the Omegas to faint!" I told them. The three Alphas looked down guiltily and slowly the power in the room faded. "Thank you." I told them I returned to my seat and looked expectantly at Raiza. The others moved out of their corners and settled back around Raiza's desk. Instead of sitting again Viviana stood behind my chair as if I was a shield that could protect her from her daughters hate.

"I apologize Kye there is no excuse for that kind of behavior." Raiza said diplomatically. "I disagree." Andrea muttered darkly. "No! No matter what she has done, or how we feel about Viviana has done nothing wrong. She and I should no better than to act like that. Not only is it a bad for the pack it is also a bad example to set for you." Raiza said.

Andrea stepped away from Raiza's desk. "She killed my father!" Andrea said. "I know, in case you have forgotten he was my younger brother." Raiza's voice was hoarse as she spoke. "Gardener and Viviana both made a choice that day. He was Mordecai's, the previous Epsilon's, sworn Sevari when Viviana challenged for dominance Mordecai asked Gardener to fight as his substitute in the duel, and Mordecai agreed to fight Viviana only if she won. Both Gardener and Viviana accepted. Gardener is equally at fault for his own death." Andrea was looking at Raiza like she had grown a second head. "I k-know that...but he's only dead because of her. That just means being Epsilon was more important to her than my father was. She knew that she would win if they fought. Tell me mother did he even have a chance?" Andrea asked. "No." Viviana said with no emotion in her voice. "I probably put more effort into playing with the young pups when I teach them how to fight than I did when I fought Gardener because I am actively trying not to hurt them."

Andrea's grey eyes turned a bright silver and she took a step towards Viviana. I hurriedly stood placing myself between them. "Move." Andrea commanded. "No!" I refused. My body shook from the effort but I didn't move out of her way. "Now! Kye!" Andrea ordered again. My body shook even harder and I was winded from the effort but I refused to take a step. "No!" I said again as if verbilizing it would help fight against her commands. "Why do you protect her? Why did you go to her? Why do you smell like her?" Andrea asked. A hint of desperation in her voice. "I protect her because I care about her. I went to her because I needed her help. I smell like her because she used me just like she uses everyone." I said. "You care about her yet she uses you? That doesn't make her sound any better and it makes you sound like a slut!" Andrea said. "I can't stand the way Viviana acts sometimes. I hate how she sees most people and things in this world as her own personal toys. She is stubborn, pig-headed, and irresponsible. I may seem like a slut to you, but so long as it is her making me a slut I don't care. Because I have never met someone who has sacrificed so much for others. She is the most selfless person I have ever met! Even so those her know her hate her for the choices she has made. Those who don't know her are too easily overwhelmed by her personality. If I didn't stand by her side than she would be alone and I refuse to let that happen. Even if that is what she wants." I said. Andrea looked like I had physically harmed her. When I turned my head to look Viviana she was wearing an impassive face but I could see the tears she was holding back. "Why? What has she done to earn such loyalty from you?" Andrea asked. Instead of using the excuse I had with Ember and saying we had a history I told Andrea the truth. "She gave me a life. After I lost my memories I was dead or at least Kylie was. Everyone who looked at me only saw her, who I had been not who I was, so I was no one. I was dead. Viviana saw me, she made me realize I wasn't dead, Kylie was. She saved me because without her I would have truly died." I said. Silently tears had begun streaming down my face as I recalled those first few months after the accident. I had been in a very dark place and would have taken my own life if it hadn't been for Viviana. I owed her and it was a debt I could never repay but I would never stop trying. Andrea said nothing she just stepped away from us going to stand back in her corner. I sat back down in my seat exhausted. "Shall we get back to the point of this meeting?" Viviana said. Instead of sitting back down she had begun pacing across the room.