ch. 6

A/N- So just a clarification note for this chapter because I changed this: Skye and her family are related to Kye through Kye's father. Her Aunt Laura is her dad's older sister. This chapter introduces her mother's side of the family.  Sorry for any confusion.

Andrea stood in front of us, her dark hair loose around her face. Her beautiful silver eyes burned with hate as she glared at her mother. Behind her Raiza moved closer. Seeing them all together Andrea definitely took after her father's side of her family. She looked a lot like Raiza, her father's older sister. However there was something about her face that inherently reminded me of Viviana. I'm sure Andrea would be repulsed to hear that she resembled her mother in any way.

"I...um well, how long has it been? How have you been? Has it really been 10 years it feels like it has been longer. You look beautiful." Viviana said. Her words were just falling out of her mouth. Andrea's gaze cut from her mother to me. "I don't know why you are with her Kye, but you should be careful of whose side you take. If you want to be on her side than leave now and never bother me again. Otherwise..." Andrea held out her hand to me her plea tangible. The pain I was experiencing doubled and I hunched over in agony. Viviana held me up gently. "Go." Viviana ordered and the pain I felt disappeared. I stood up weakly and stepped out of Viviana's arms. Raiza stepped forward blocking Andrea. "Kye you brought her, you're responsible for her. Viviana will stay with you and she better not leave your sight once. Go get settled we will talk after dinner." Raiza interrupted. She gabbed Andrea by her shoulder and pulled her away. For once Andrea didn't fight with her aunt and instead let herself be pulled away, but the look on her face as she was dragged away urged me forward even more than her outreached hand had. Pretending like everything was fine I grabbed my bag from the car and stalked off in the direction of the barracks. "Mistress." Tess' voice stopped me I had completely forgotten she was even here. "I need to return to the Coven. I haven't been feeding or sleeping properly, and Master will most likely want a full report before attending this meeting after dinner." She informed me. I nodded and with that she turned into a ashy-black feathered falcon with blood red eyes and a honed beak. Viviana and I watched in awe as she flew away.

I pushed open the door to my room and let out a sigh of relief. Everything was just how I had left it, though the room smelled kinda musty since it hadn't been used in a while. I tossed my bag on the messy neon deck-out bed and headed towards my bathroom. Clothes still lay littered on the floor and I picked my way through them. I really needed a hot shower. Nothing was as relaxing as having the scorching water trail down my back, and it was pure bliss to be entrenched in a steam filled room. A nice hot shower would wash off the road trip and relieve my stress. I didn't get through the bathroom door before Viviana wrecked my happiness by grabbing me and pinned me against the wall. 

"Why didn't you warn me sooner?" She snarled.  Pressing in close to me. "First of all I tried. Second have you ever felt the pain that comes from having two opposing orders placed on you? It felt like my body was trying to tear itself in two so that I could obey both of you. Third it honestly didn't even occur to me you wouldn't recognize your own daughter!" I told her. Viviana tensed and shot me her pained puppy dog look. "I haven't seen her in 10 years! How am I suppose to know what she looks like?" Viviana asked. "She still smells the same." I told her. The wounded look on Viviana's face deepened. "You're making me feel worse!" Viviana said. "It's not my fault she hates you!" I replied. "Can't you... Oh I don't know fix that?" She asked. "How am I suppose to do that? Short of telling her that the only reason y—" Viviana's free hand clamped down over my mouth. "Would you shut it! What if someone heard?" She said. I shook her hand away and shot her a glare. "I thought you were over this? Why beat a dead horse? You refuse to even try and explain things to Andrea. Stop emotionally beating yourself up over it when you do nothing to change the situation!" I said. Tears began to well up in her eyes and her expression seemed to fall in on itself. "Why'd you even come? You knew Andrea wouldn't want to see you, and Raiza's still pissed. Coming was a mistake." I said as gently as I could. "I had to come, I was worried about you and...even if she doesn't want to see me I had to see Andrea." Viviana finally explained. She buried her face in the crook of my neck and relaxed into me. Her grip on me loosened and instead of pushing her away I pulled her into a hug. The was when my door opened and Skye, Ember, Carson, and Ryan entered. "Um, sorry!" Skye said when she saw us and hurriedly tried to back out of the room. Unfortunately for her Ember had the opposite idea and charged into the room pushing Skye forward. Viviana released me the desperate look on her face was gone. In its place was a look of pure haughtiness. "What the hell are you doing?" Ember demanded. I cringed why did things always have to be so hard?