Ch. 3

I flew through the trees my paws hitting the ground with a steady rhythm. The sounds of the forest surrounded me and it was comforting being back in the trees again even if it wasn't my forest. I had been running ever since I left Gwynn's house not always in my wolf shape but I was continuously on the move. I needed to get to my destination before anyone caught me. The biggest sigh of relief I had was when I made it out of NightShade territory. It was also the most dangerous move I had made. Leaving pack lands without permission from Raiza would get me in real trouble. But not as much trouble as I would be in if another Alpha caught me on their territory without their permission and my Alpha's permission. Despite all that it just felt good to be away from the pack and out of the cage it had become.

The wind felt cool as it slapped against my side and I dug my claws deeper into the snow, forcing myself faster. I was almost there, I could smell the scents in the air. They were so much stronger since I was here last, and this time they were accompanied by a feeling of apprehension. My wolf senses that I shouldn't be here and yet I was running towards the danger. I stopped suddenly, the scent had increased, I was still a good mile from the border, but the border patrol would sense me soon and if they found me in my wolf form it would get ugly much faster. Regretfully I stood up on my hind legs and let the shift take over. I continued walking in the freezing cold, the snow was fairly deep and it was much harder making my way through it as a human than as a wolf. Sadly I also didn't have a spare set of clothes. I really hoped the border patrol sensed me soon otherwise I would have to change back into a wolf to keep from freezing.

I had to walk in the snow for fifteen minutes before I heard the sounds of two wolves running through the forest. They broke out of the trees simultaneously. On was a light brown wolf, about the size of a Labrador. Most wolves were bigger than an average wolf, but this one was smaller meaning they would be quiet short in human form as well. I turned to look at the other wolf who was a light gray and white. This wolf was much bigger than her companion and towered over me. I growl ripped from this wolf's throat and I quickly looked down. If I had been any other type of wolf I would have lowered myself onto my knees as well but as a Beta my wolf instincts wouldn't allow it. Through my peripheral vision I saw the light gray wolf shift.
A girl who looked to be in her mid twenties stood in front of me. Her light brown skin stood out in stark contrast to the snow. "Who are you?" The girl demanded. I chanced looking her in the eyes briefly. She was scowling at me and looked as if she wanted just to tear me to shreds and get on with her day. "My business is with the Alpha and only the Alpha." I told her. I received another growl from her in reply. "You are in our territory, you have no right to demand anything!" She told me. "Technically I am not in you territory for another half a mile. This is no mans land, and I am not demanding anything I just said that I would speak only to your Alpha." I was pushing my luck but I didn't have much choice I needed her Alpha's help before Raiza caught up with me and talked her into handing me over.

"Our alpha is to busy to deal with a nuisance lone wolf." The girl told me. "I am not a lone wolf and I am sure she would be more than happy to see me." That was the truth... for the most part. Helping me however would be a different matter. The girl across from me mashed her teeth together and didn't say another word. She just glared at me. I figured that meant that the alpha was on her way and I relaxed, a bit. Soon we heard the sounds of more wolves making their way through the forest and I picked up a familiar scent in the wind. It didn't take long before five more wolves burst out of the trees and into the little gathering. A familiar reddish wolf stood in the center of the group. She stood up and shifted causing the others to tense. Having the Alpha in human form in front of a foreign wolf was never seemed a good thing. In front of us now stood a tall regal redheaded beauty. She had the bearing as if the entire world at her beck and call. She looked at me and took in my entire appearance. A smirk formed on her face and she strode towards me. "My sweet, young friend," She said. She stopped before me and took a deep breath, inhaling my scent. "You look cold. Perhaps we should take this conversation elsewhere? My bed chamber maybe?" The border patrol girl stepped forward." Alpha! She is a rouge wolf you should just let me kill her and not play around. She could be dangerous!" Her little brown wolf friend was in front of her, seemingly stopping the girl from charging at us. "Oh, calm down Camden. She isn't here to kill me." The redhead came closer and her palm rested on my check. Slowly she walked around me until she faced her companions. She embraced me tightly from behind and rested her head to the right of mine. Her lips where parallel with my ear and they tickled when she spoke. "She is a very old friend, as is her Alpha, and I am sure that Raiza isn't going to try and kill me. I am also sure this, sweet young pup would never agree to it. Isn't that right my darling young Kye?" She asked me. I shivered slightly as her breath tickled my face.