A Shattering Aftermath

All I can see is glass. Shattered and broken glass among the pile of my broken and destroyed dreams. Part of me wishes that this shattering mess is just my mind playing tricks and my mind tricking me into thinking everything has been destroyed where in reality, he is still there and everything remains normal but part of me knows that this is actually my haunted reality and the fallout of this aftermath won't have him in it and that he's finally walked away from me. And as the reality of this slowly dawns on me, I begin to think. Think about him. Think about how he ruined and changed my life when I needed him the most. Think about the daunting and lurking future without him. And as I think, I begin to question how and why. Why did he come into my life? Why was it during Christmas? Why? To be honest, I would love to give you an answer to how and why questions that are flooding my mind but to be quite honest, I have no answers. I know deep down that all the answers will lead back to him and I honestly don't want them to but they do and I know it's a matter of time before they bubble out and they come to the surface. And that makes me wonder whether or not I am ready to face them. And it really makes me wonder whether or not he was the miracle I had hope for or he was a shadow of a darkness that was something I was not prepared for. To this day I honestly still don't know and I am intrigued to find out more.