Chapter 20: Back at It

Corinne's POV
Of course I loved spending so much time with Spencer and being able to be with my friends without having to think about serial killers, but I was so excited to go back to work. I know some people thought of their jobs being burdens but it was my calling. Even though it was gruesome and all I enjoyed knowing that I was putting the bad guys away. I only got five hours of sleep last night because I was so excited. I woke up to the sound of my alarm and tried to jump out of bed when a long arm wrapped around my stomach.

"Spencer let me go! I want to go to work!" I snapped at him in a playful manner.

"Looks like I can't keep you safe for another day," he sighed as he kissed me and unwrapped his arm from me.

"That's right," I giggled as I shut out of our bed. It sounded totally normal to me now. It was March and we had almost been together for six months.

I decided to wear black dress pants and a red button up. I left three buttons open in the front and added the necklace that Spencer had gotten me for Christmas. The only time I ever took it off were when I was sleeping and when I showered. I headed tit eh bath room to start my hair and makeup. I decided on bouncy waves for my sandy blonde hair. While my iron was heating up I started on my make up and Spencer walked in to was his face and do his hair.

"Rin?," I looked up at him,"w-why do you wear that. Y-your beautiful without makeup," he finished and all I could do was grin.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek,"your to sweet, but I wear it because it makes me feel more confident." I replied.

"But your already super confident?" He said in a confused voice.

"Okay I know," i said flaunting my fit body to him while curling my hair. I used to be big and I worked hard to look the way I do now,"it just makes me feel good." He shrugged his shoulders and went on to his hair. When I was done I walked out and started to get my purse together.

"Hey Spence hurry up its Wednesday!" I called from the living room type area.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he walked out with a crooked tie and his tan messenger bag over his shoulder.

I walked over and fixed his tie,"I have to get everyone coffee of course. Why did my genius forget?" I teased.

"What? No! I-I just well umm... Have gotten used to you not bringing us coffee. That's all" he made up on the spot.

"Okay okay. Come on," I said grabbing his hand and my purse and heading out the door.

Today I drove because I was just going to use the drive through at Starbucks. I placed all of our usual orders and five minutes later Spencer and i were on our way to my much missed office. The same excitement and nervous crossed over as they did on my first day when the lady at the front desk said hello to us. I held one of the carrying trays, Spencer held the other and our free hands were linked to one an other. As soon as the elevator door opened I was engulfed into a tight hug.

"Oh I'm so glad your back pretty lady. I need you to tell me that the scary things will be gone soon." Penelope explained as she swayed me back and forth.

"Oh I love you to Penny! But you going to make me spill your coffee." I replied trying to giggle even though my lungs were being squeezed.

"Ooo I love you girl genius" she said using 'gimme hands' that a toddler would do to their mother as i outstretched the coffee to her.

The three of us walked into the bullpen. I felt so good to be in here. I set the coffee down on my desk and slumped down into my long missed spinning officials chair and let out a sigh of relief. The two of them just laughed at me and I giggled along.

Hotch stepped out of his office," good to have you back Jennings," he nodded at me and I smiled back,"we have a case, round table room in five minutes." He finished and made his way over to the enclosed room. I gave everyone else their coffee except Hotch their coffee and made my way to the debriefing with Penelope's arm around my shoulder and Spencer's hand linked with mine. When we walked in I handed Hotch his coffee and he thanked me with a hard pat to the back.

I headed over to my seat my smile still plastered to my face. Spencer pulled out my seat for me and when I sat down Derek put his hands on my shoulder, squeezed his hand and gave me a little kiss on the cheek. This made Spencer's face red, so grabbed his hand under the table like I had done many times before. Emily walked in next and gave me a hug along with JJ, and David gave me a fist to the shoulder. And with that Garcia walked into the round table room with her folders and screen remote in her hand.

"Alright, my sexy crime fighters, here's what we got..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
The email for the cover contest is tessdowningwattpad@gmail.com. Use it to talk to me about anything wattpad related!!!